Program Support Manager
Program Support Manager
EF High School Exchange Year
EF High School Exchange Year seeks to hire a Program Support Manager with a track record of proven success in the education sector, volunteer management, or other related field. In this dynamic role, the Program Support Manager works from Denver office and oversees aspects of a high school foreign exchange program in an assigned region of the U.S.
The Program Support Manager is committed to a wide range of responsibilities and plays a critical role in overall program operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: managing a team of volunteer field staff, providing support services to students and host families, liaising with public high schools, maintaining 100% compliance in-line with industry standards set forth by the U.S. Department of State, monitoring student safety and well-being, and actively participating in strategy to develop the region to its highest potential. Your ability to build relationships and motivate a diverse group of volunteers is crucial to this role, as is the ability to work effectively with your colleagues abroad. Your outstanding communication and problem solving skills, excellent attention to detail, superior judgment, and sincere interest in international education will ensure a positive program experience for all participants.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years previous experience in related field
• Commitment to ensuring student safety and well-being
• Conflict resolution skills
• Ability to communicate diplomatically with diverse program participants
• Ability to make and implement difficult decisions and compromises in
overall program’s best interest
• Managerial skills to motivate volunteer base and when necessary provide volunteers with critical feedback and ongoing training
• Ability to multitask and prioritize competing projects and issues
• Attention to detail
• Strong writing skills in order to thoroughly document student cases
• Strong work-ethic, self-accountability, ability to work well both individually and in a team environment
• Fluency in a second language – particularly Korean, Mandarin, Japanese or Thai – is a plus
EF High School Exchange Year is a not-for-profit organization that connects talented, enthusiastic teenagers from around the world with caring volunteer American host families across the country. Our tradition of excellence, combined with our unparalleled support on the local and national levels, has made us the largest facilitator of high school year programs for exchange students coming into the United States. Our students, host families, and volunteers come away with in-depth understanding of other cultures, lasting international friendships, and memories to last a lifetime. For more information about EF Foundation please visit www.effoundation.org
EF High School Exchange Year is a division of EF. EF stands for “Education First”. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people transform their lives by breaking down the barriers of language, culture and geography. Today we’re the world’s largest private education company- offering every imaginable way to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture, or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit http://careers.ef.com/.
Back to top