Host Family Recruiter / Program Leader
EF International Language Centers
Being a Program & Host family leader is a unique way to invest in the lives of young people and develop cross-cultural understanding and exchange within your local community. You are integral in making a 2-4 week summer program into an experience of a lifetime for the students and the volunteer host families. The location of each program is flexible based on your network and geographical location.
Host Family Recruiter – (Now – June)
This part-time, flexible portion of the position is an independent contractor role that involves efforts for host family recruitment:
- Educating local communities about EHP, encouraging host family participation and community involvement in upcoming season.
- Follow up on all host family leads, process applications, perform home visits and reference checks
- Provide weekly updates via email and/or phone to Area Manager about recruiting lead statistics
- Work with the Area Manager and other program staff to schedule, plan and organize host family eventsAttend various training and planning sessions, including a two separate full day trainings (early December and April), host family appreciation events, host family orientations, and periodic meetings with Area Manager
Program Leader– (July and/or August)
Once students are in the US this position is full time to fully support the host families and students of your area.
- Under the director of the Area Manager, Program Leader is responsible for all facets of the summer program at the local level with support and guidance from local and national EHP staff.
- Respond to host family inquiries and logistics questions on a daily basis as well as distribute communications via phone/text/email to host families
- Plan and execute full-day excursions with expenses covered by EF
- Assist with logistics related to activities to ensure successful activity completion and student satisfaction
- Actively engaged within the local community with a strong personal network as you will directly interact with community members and organizations to generate host family leads
- Ability to work weekends to staff recruitment tables at community event
- Outgoing and personable with strong communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with creative problem solving skills
- Strong sense of teamwork as you will collaborate with EF teachers, other program staff and foreign course leaders throughout the program
- Hold high professional standards and must be available 24/7 during the program to assist with host family questions and concerns
- Is patient, supportive and enjoys working with youth in an international environment
- Sales experience preferred but not required
- Payment for recruitment is commission-based with additional bonus and incentive potential
- Weekly salary paid in-program when the students are in the US
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
Back to top