Educational Homestay Program
Seattle, WA Area
EF, Education First is the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to open the world through education.
We are looking for part-time program coordinators to serve as local program leaders in their community. This dual role involves finding volunteer host families and coordinating 2-4 week activity programs for international students ages 10-17. This is the perfect role for community minded individuals with a passion for culture and international exchange.
As the premier student exchange program in the world, we offer an incredible benefit package.
- Compensation for successful recruitment and program leading a 2-4 week program totals over $3,500.
- Staff travel on a team building incentive trip with all expenses paid.
- Opportunity to participate in travel discount programs.
- Gain skills in community outreach, international travel and program development while working from home.
Host Family Recruiter – (Now – June)
This is a part-time and flexible portion of the position
- Work with the other local staff to educate local communities about EF, encouraging host family participation and community involvement in the upcoming program.
- Find all qualified volunteer host families. The process includes a host family application, host family home visit and student matching.
- Attend two separate weekend-day trainings (late February and April)
Program Leader– (July and/or August)
For the duration of your program this position is full time Monday-Friday from 8-6.
- Lead your group on excursions and execute your program calendar, with expenses paid by EF. The first half of the day, students are attending ESL classes.
- Assists with logistics of your program such as finding a suitable course center
- Attend and lead required events such as host family orientation, airport arrival and farewell party.
The Ideal Candidate
- Actively engaged within the local community
- Outgoing with strong communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong sense of teamwork as you will collaborate with EF teachers, other program staff and foreign course leaders throughout the program
- Patient, supportive and enjoys working with youth in an international environment
Back to top