We are looking for talented and committed Spanish teachers to join our friendly, supportive, and enthusiastic academic team in Playa Tamarindo. Teachers must show dynamism in the classroom and a commitment to professional development. The main duties will be to plan and deliver high-quality lessons following a blended learning curriculum. The successful candidates will be qualified and talented teachers with an ambition to progress within the industry.
As of now
- Teach an average of 24-28h hours per week, on a Monday-Friday schedule
- Teach all levels and course types as directed by the DOS
- Keep a detailed and comprehensive record of students’ attendance, grades and records of work.
- Attend academic team meetings and contributing to the development of the department
- Attend and contribute to all school staff meetings
- Hold regular tutorials with students and write student reports when required by the DOS
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the school’s academic resources
- Help with the intake of new students if required.
- Occasional participation in social activities designed to help students use their Spanish in real world situations, such as social nights and other events.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Full fluency in Spanish
- A university degree in Spanish philology, linguistics or related
- Master in Spanish as a foreign language or teacher training course, desirable
- Teaching experience
- A thorough approach to planning and administrative duties
- A strong team player
- Competent to teach using technology or the willingness to learn
- Flexibility to work in a lively demanding school environment
- Administrative and organizational skills
We would also be happy to accept applications from candidates who have not completed their studies yet, so that they may be able to gain first practical experience with us through internships or the assistance in academic management. Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application!
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference checks.