Product Owner, Travel
Product Owner – Travel
How can we fly hundreds of thousands of customers around the globe for life-changing experiences at the lowest possible cost, while maintaining flight itineraries at a level of quality that you would personally travel on?
EF Education First is looking for an experienced Product Owner to join our team, working closely with both the flight production team (EF Travel) and software development team (Labs at EF Tours).
In order to keep prices accessible to as many students as possible and to foster cultural exchange between students, we combine multiple groups of travelers from different parts of North America into one shared tour experience. That means booking flights that depart from different locations, but all arrive in time for the tour to begin. You will be responsible for making this complex consolidation problem invisible, convenient and priced competitively to our customers. We run cross-functional agile teams here. That means you will be first be working with executive, customer and industry stakeholders, and then translating their needs to developers, designers and analysts as they go about inventing solutions. As the person ultimately responsible for the success of a given project, you are also expected to be pretty hands on with the Agile team day-to-day.
The perfect candidate will have product management experience in a comparable role, experience working with the airline and/or travel industry, a passion for elegant technology and design, and the ability to focus the organization around the customer’s needs.
· Understand and define our business strategy as it relates to our customers' needs, and deliver software products that reflect a uniquely EF perspective on how to achieve it
· Define and articulate the product vision through tools such as roadmaps, milestones and evidence-based backlogs of high-value problems
· Maximize the value of the work delivered by the development team by encouraging practices like incremental delivery and constant feedback, and by making decisions as a proxy for stakeholders
· Build consensus and alignment by being the main point of contact between all stakeholders and the development team
· Own the success or failure of your team's work
· 3+ years of experience in a Product Manager role, with a track record of launching successful products
· Develop and defend strong points-of-view with data and analytics
· Be a clear communicator of product decisions and know the rationale behind them
· Be an excellent self-starter who can collaborate effectively with both stakeholders and cross-functional team members
· Possess strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
· Be able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically
· Experience working in the airline and/or travel industries
· Possess deep Agile/Scrum process knowledge
· Have experience managing and launching software products
· Have experience making product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces
· Have a strong understanding of user experience including social design and behavior patterns
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top