Product Owner, Operations
Product Owner – Operations
How can we be sure that hundreds of thousands of customers get the cultural and education experience they have signed up for in destinations all over the world - balancing quality, experience, and cost for accommodations, transportation, meals, and activities?
EF Education First is looking for an experienced Product Owner to join our team, working closely with both the operations and software development teams.
In order to provide customers with the tour experience they have been eagerly anticipating for 2 or 3 years, we carefully select hotels, restaurants and activities that cater to each group's individual needs while minimizing time spent traveling between attractions. All of this requires us to have built a deep pool of low-cost, diverse supplier inventory that allows us to focus on giving each customer a cohesive, efficient, affordable, and most importantly – life-changing experience. You will be responsible for making sure that this process is simple for operations to manage while allowing us to delight every customer, and to balance systematization with fostering partnership between EF and our suppliers. We run cross-functional agile teams here. That means you will be working with executives, customers and industry stakeholders, and then translating their needs to developers, designers and analysts as they go about inventing solutions. As the person ultimately responsible for the success of a given project, you are also expected to be pretty hands-on with the Agile team day-to-day.
The perfect candidate will have product management experience in a comparable role, experience working with the airline and/or travel industry, a passion for elegant technology and design, and the ability to focus the organization around the customer’s needs.
- Understand and define our business strategy as it relates to our customers' needs, and deliver software products that reflect a uniquely EF perspective on how to achieve that strategy
- Define and articulate the product vision through tools such as roadmaps, milestones and evidence-based backlogs of high-value problems
- Maximize the value of the work delivered by the development team by encouraging practices like incremental delivery and constant feedback, and by making decisions as a proxy for stakeholders
- Build consensus and alignment by being the main point of contact between all stakeholders and the development team
- Own the success or failure of your team's work
- 3+ years of experience in a Product Manager role, with a track record of launching successful products
- Develop and defend strong points-of-view with data and analytics
- Be a clear communicator of product decisions and know the rationale behind them
- Be an excellent self-starter who can collaborate effectively with both stakeholders and cross-functional team members
- Possess strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Be able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically
- Experience working in the travel industry and/or in an operations-centric role
- Possess deep Agile/Scrum process knowledge
- Have experience managing and launching software products
- Have experience making product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces
- Have a strong understanding of user experience including social design and behavior patterns
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top