Who you are
You're an experienced Product Owner looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment.
You're a highly motivated individual who's passionate about using technology to solve problems. You enjoy collaboration and thrive in a complex environment. You have excellent communication skills and love working with customers, stakeholders and developers. You are an Agile champion and enjoy writing user stories and refining and prioritizing the backlog. You have the ability to hear what people are saying they want, but figure out what they really need. You work well on a team and others enjoy working with you. Execution and attention to detail are your super strengths.
What you'll do:
- Be the Product Owner of one or more scrum teams.
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project.
- Collaborate with the business and the development team to understand requirements and create epics and user stories.
- Ensure that the Product backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next.
- Proactively collaborate with the business and the development team to translate business requirements into user stories.
- Develop, maintain and prioritize the product backlog, and ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of stories to work on.
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities.
- Ensure that development work maximizes value and is aligned with overall business and product strategy.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience, integration and dependencies.
- Attend all Agile ceremonies including backlog planning, refinement, sprint planning, stand-ups, sprint review, sprint retrospective and release planning.
- Champion the values and principles of the Agile Manifesto and encourage others to do the same.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and innovation by making suggestions to improve work systems, processes and procedures used in terms of service, accuracy of output, responsiveness etc.
- Work with key business stakeholders to ensure successful product roll outs and releases.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner.
- Proven ability to manage products in a complex environment.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A collaborative team player attitude.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a positive and upbeat demeanor.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinking with a vision.
- Attention to details.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
Let’s talk about the Perks.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally.
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year and four weeks after your first year.
- Opportunity to participate in our international staff exchange program after your first year.
- Free language classes, taught in-house.
- Free workout classes, taught in-house.
- A restaurant and bar right in the building.
- Discounts on travel.
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top