Role: Product Manager, STEM
EF Division: Explore America
Location: Cambridge, MA
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home until September 8, 2021 at which point we look forward to returning in-person at our North American Headquarters located in Cambridge, MA. However, while we work from home, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues - even from home.
EF Explore America is a division of EF Education First (“EF”), a diversified global education company that has been in operation for over 55 years. EF is family-owned, has a staff of nearly 60,000 people, and operates out of 600 offices in over 100 countries around the world. As a privately held company, EF has the advantage of being flexible and able to make decisions for the long-term success of the company. We have certainly experienced our share of travel-related obstacles and seemingly impossible situations – but have bounced back stronger each time.
EF Explore America organizes and leads educational trips for teachers and their students across North America. At EF Explore America, we believe in one simple truth – that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Our tours help students expand their knowledge of the world around them, understand new people, places, and cultures, discover more about themselves, and grow more confident and independent. Following a year that challenged our ability to be out in the world and learning by doing, never have our teachers and their students been more ready to get back to traveling with us.
As an EF Explore America STEM Product Manager, you are responsible for managing the EF Explore America STEM tour portfolio. You will oversee the development and improvement of your group of tours, including the management of all corresponding product resources (i.e. SharePoint materials, Day by Day itineraries, trainings, etc). You will work closely with various teams across the business to gather insights and recommend informed, thoughtful decisions for your tours. You will then drive the implementation of those decisions across various EA teams, including Sales, Operations, Marketing and Finance. You will work closely with a team of product managers as you grow and develop your own expertise and help drive the team’s collective success.
This role is rooted in discovery, which requires asking questions, digging deeper, and thinking outside of the box. You are a curious, passionate individual with an entrepreneurial spirit. You are comfortable in the grey and an excellent communicator. You are passionate evangelist of STEM education, customer-first, and you believe in the importance of experiential learning through travel.
In This Role, You Will:
- Own the Explore America STEM tour portfolio, which is an important market differentiator for the business.
- Analyze product KPIs to identify key areas of need for product improvement. Translate the voice of the customer, operational needs, financial needs, and tech requirements into detailed product improvement plans (roadmaps).
- Drive the execution of your individual product roadmap, including continuous prioritization and management of the product roadmap while managing various stakeholder expectations.
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders to both (1) understand business requirements and success metrics for the product and (2) communicate product vision and priorities.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to develop and maintain product resources and campaigns that reflect the product value, needs of the target customer, and product expectations.
- Develop and facilitate product trainings for various EA groups (primarily sales teams and tour directors).
- Use research, testing, and analysis to inform key product decisions.
- Gather customer insight through interviewing, surveys, data analysis, and in-person meetings.
- Maintain the accuracy of all internal and external product documents, including product requirements documents, product canvases, tour fact sheets, etc.
- Understand, synthesize and report on the competitive landscape and broader market trends of your product portfolio.
- Act as the STEM tour ambassador and share your passion for the product wherever you go.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2+ years’ work experience – we are interested in different levels of experience
- Passion for STEM education is a must and experience teaching or working in educational programming is an advantage.
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and presentation skills
- The ability to adapt to a quickly changing environment.
- Ability to work some weekends
- Ability to travel
As if changing teachers’ and students’ lives and making the world a better place isn’t enough, we also offer the opportunity to:
- Live Well
- 25% company match on your 401(k) contributions
- Expand your worldview with paid business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two)
- Highly subsidized, market-leading health and dental benefits plan
- Stay healthy with on-site fitness classes and access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Competitive fertility assistance benefits and paid parental leave programs
- Live your Truth:
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Build your network by joining Explore America’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Committee
- Join one (or several) of our employee led clubs or affinity (we call them “EF-inity”) groups such as, LGBTQ+ @ EF, Black @ EF, and Latinos @ EF. Don’t see a resource group, affinity group or club that matches your passion? Feel free to create one!
- Live Engaged
- We work in an open environment without cubicles or private offices
- Enjoy comprehensive in-house professional development opportunities with weekly trainings and workshops
- Keep up that student mentality with free in-house language classes and an annual stipend for continued education
- Live for FUN!
- Explore the neighborhood with discounts to local gyms, businesses, concert tickets, and sporting events
- Explore the world with discounts on hotels, flights, rental cars, as well as paid travel.
- Enjoy our in-house bar, cafe, hair salon, and fitness center
EF Explore America, a division of EF Education First, is one of the largest providers of teacher-led student tours in North America. Students and teachers from all across the USA travel with us on tours throughout North America. Tours to Washington, D.C., New York City, and Boston have been our bread and butter for years, and our travelers also expand their world-view by visiting San Francisco, Puerto Rico, Chicago, Montreal, and beyond. From sales and marketing to operations and finance, our teammates are headquartered in Boston with a regional office in Washington, D.C., and presence in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and throughout Texas.
About EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.