Product Development Manager
Product Development Manager, EF Ultimate Break
Are you hungry to join a customer-centric, innovative, and fast-growing organization? Are you ambitious and self-motivated to elevate the customer experience and drive business growth? As part of EF Ultimate Break’s Product Development Team, the Product Development Manager is responsible for working cross-functionally to deliver new and improved tour experiences to our customers.
EF Ultimate Break is a division of EF Education First and is the easiest way to travel abroad for anyone 18–29 years old. Every trip gives travelers the chance to make friends, explore new places, and immerse themselves in different cultures—on fun, affordable, life-changing adventures.
In this dynamic role, the Product Development Manager contributes to all aspects of the Product Development process, including market/competitor research, itinerary development, and new tour launch. You support the success of EF Ultimate Break’s expanding product portfolio by liaising with all internal departments as well as Tour Directors, customers and suppliers to help identify product needs, opportunities and solutions. You own the process by which tours, optionals and other parts of the EF Ultimate Break product evolve from inception to implementation.
- Work with the Director of Product development to execute the strategic vision for EF Ultimate Break’s product portfolio
- Own the cross-functional process by which new tours, tour changes, and optional excursions are developed and launched
- Manage the systems that support the product, including sales and operations databases, tour fact sheets, website itineraries and optionals, and “Know Before You Go” guides.
- Assist with all phases of the product development process including developing itineraries, optional excursions, and customer experiences that align with the EF Ultimate Break product guidelines
- Assess and measure product quality, then driving improvements to the overall tour experience
- Participate in product review process and implement changes to enhance the quality of our tours
- Conduct training on new destinations or tour changes
- A team player with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and partner across teams to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management and seeing cross-functional projects through from ideation to launch
- Strong analytical experience: a history of troubleshooting problems, creative problem solving and efficient use of data analysis
- Strong detail and process orientation
- Ability to take ownership, be creative and resourceful under pressure; highly self-motivated
- Strong systems orientation
- Extensive travel experience, either professional or personal
- Four-year college degree
- Knowledge of EF’s Atlas and Phoenix programs a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in a product development role or in project management a plus
Back to top