Senior Product Designer
EF Education First, Shanghai, SH
EF EdTech is looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our growing design team in London. You will be working closely with a larger, agile, cross-functional product team of product designers, developers, academics and product owners. Your focus will be designing more effective, and engaging user experiences to enable and support learners and teachers on a global scale.
Our ideal candidate:
- Starts with “Why?”, not afraid of failure and is a life-long learner.
- Has a solid user-centred approach to problem-solving.
- Has experience utilising, and collaboratively conducting, user research.
- Demonstrable experience designing for multiple platforms, with proven expertise with mobile design.
- Thinks about the entire product narrative, not just their piece of the puzzle.
- Is humble, articulate, communicative and open - happy sharing ideas and decisions across a cross-functional product and design teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in addition to confident and persuasive presentation skills honed to stakeholders of all types.
- Is driven, motivated and inspired by close interaction with development, academic and product people.
- You have incredible experience as an individual contributor, with expertise working in a product design team and a great story to tell about the products you’ve worked on alongside a portfolio you’re proud of. We’ve found this generally comes with 5+ years experience as a designer.
- You have a strong understanding of what makes an experience good or bad and expert knowledge of the end-to-end product design process.
- You think through user problems to find realistic, practical, innovative solutions and partner with developers to ship them.
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and can confidently, and articulately, communicate your ideas to our developers.
- You believe function begets form, but form instils function. You have a highly refined visual aesthetic as well as a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- You're a self-starter who actively seeks to make the experiences you design both visually appealing and easy to use.
- You have experience designing consistent, OS appropriate experiences across multiple platforms.
- You love to contribute to the definition of a product’s design language and experience.
- Experienced and comfortable working with people and teams in different locations and time zones, remotely or in person.
What we offer
- The opportunity to have a positive, and genuine, impact on people’s lives on a global scale – shipping products that transform our customer’s lives and grow the business.
- Work with an amazing team of designers, engineers, academics and product people in a supportive and ambitious culture.
- We continue to invest in flexible ways to work supported by our beautiful, multi-national office based in Shanghai with great onsite facilities and considered designed social spaces.
- As a global company with premium offices worldwide, you will have a network of locales to exchange between as you grow with the company.
- A wide array of employee benefits and support in place.
- Regular social activities.
About EF Education First & EF EdTech
EF Education First, founded in 1965, is the world’s largest private education company with a mission to open the world through education.
EF EdTech is our product development organisation, consisting of a diverse collective of 200+ innovators – from academia, design, hardware, product, research, content and engineering.
Together, we work at the forefront of technology to reimagine education and solve some of the most challenging problems that exist today. From playful smart speakers that immerse our students in English to innovative machine-learning algorithms that power our AI language coaches.
We are on a mission to personalise learning, build global connections and ignite a passion for language and culture.
Something really important
We are keen to ensure we design experiences that work well for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications by people from underrepresented demographics and minority groups to help us do this.
If the role sounds like a good fit, but you feel that you don’t tick every box, we would still like to hear from you as we understand great designers and teams of people have different backgrounds and experiences. We appreciate that applying takes a lot of effort, and we really value the time you invest.