EF Class is looking for a Product Designer to join our growing product team. Over the past 18 months we’ve had great success reaching tens of thousands of teachers and students across our initial European markets, but now we’re looking to scale beyond our early adopters; focusing and refining our product experience.
As a Product Designer you’ll be working closely with a larger, agile, cross-functional product team of product designers, developers, academics, and product owners.
EF Class is a complete set of flexible learning materials and tools to help teachers run engaging, interactive, and motivational English lessons. Combining the best of the traditional classroom learning environment with a unique connected digital experience, EF Class seeks to engage every single student in each and every classroom.
Our ideal candidate
- Starts with “Why?”
- Has a solid user-centered approach to problem-solving
- Ideally has experience conducting user research
- Thinks about the entire product life-cycle, not just their piece of the puzzle
- Has solid execution skills - both UX and visual design
- Is very articulate, communicative and open - happy communicating ideas and decisions across a cross-functional product team
- Is driven and motivated by close interaction with development, academic and product people
- Is not afraid of failure
- Is a life-long learner
- You can distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions
- You have an understanding of what makes an experience good or bad. You think through user problems, find realistic, practical solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with developers to ship them.
- You believe function begets form, but form instills function. You have a highly refined visual aesthetic as well as a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- You're a self-starter who actively seeks to make the EF Class experience both visually appealing and easy to use for all of its users
- You like to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and can confidently, and articulately, communicate your ideas to our developers
- You have experience designing consistent, OS appropriate experiences across multiple platforms
- You can use modern UX and visual design tools with ease
- You love to contribute to the definition of a product’s design language and experience
- You have 4+ years practical work experience in a design (or design-adjacent) role, ideally with relevant a bachelor's degree
What we offer
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on people’s lives
- Work with an amazing team of designers, engineers, academics, and product people
- A competitive salary
- 25 days paid holiday
- Private medical insurance
- A MacBook Pro and display of your choice (and whatever else you need…)
- A beautiful, multi-national office based in Chelsea, London
- Onsite gym, with free fitness and wellness classes
- Cycle to work scheme (and a place to safely store your bike!)
- Regular social activities
About EF Education First
EF Education First is the world’s leading international education company. With more than 50 years of experience and 500 EF schools and offices in 53 countries, we are focused on how to improve the way teachers teach and students learn.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top