Product Design Manager
EF Education First, London, UK
EF EdTech is looking for a Design Manager to lead a multi-disciplined Design Team based in Europe.
As Design Manager you will be charged with the organisation, development and support of the Product Design and Product Research teams. You will be joining a small team of design leaders who affect the global direction of design at EF Education First, not only for our suite of products, but our people, practices and process.
A typical day will see you switching between coaching your team both as a group, and on an individual level, running design critiques and reviews, as well supporting strategic decisions with your Product and Engineering peers. You will be responsible for how each designer in your team is integrated and embedded in their respective product teams.
Our ideal candidate
- Starts with “Why?”
- Can lead, guide and develop the design process for their team–from problem definition to all the way through to design implementation
- Partners with design, product, and engineering peers to make sure projects are rooted in a tangible problem, are well-specified, and are successfully delivered with a high value for their users
- Guides Product Designers towards solutions that are unquestionably simple, intuitive, and “just work”
- Works alongside design leadership to ensure cohesive user experiences across all products and services
- Manages and coaches Product Designers of all levels and specialities
- Actively seeks to grow the design team by attracting and hiring new talent
- Is not afraid of failure
- Is a life-long learner
- You have at least 4 years practical work experience in a design management or leadership role
- You have a portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led; demonstrating your ability to ship product
- You have user-centered approach to design, focused on designing software for humans
- You have worked with product owners, engineers (and ideally academics) to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- You are comfortable attracting and hiring design talent
- You’re happy juggling a wide range of responsibilities at the same time
- You have a collaborative, no-ego approach to working with your team
What we offer
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on people’s lives
- Work with an amazing team of designers, engineers, academics and product people
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- A beautiful, multi-national office based in Chelsea, London
- Onsite gym, with free fitness and wellness classes
- Regular social activities
About EF Education First
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. With a mission to open the world through education, EF was founded in 1965. In the following section, you will find descriptions of EF’s different businesses.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top