Pre-departure English Teacher
EF Education First Japan is seeking a dynamic and engaging English teacher to join our academic team in Tokyo. This is an initially part-time role with high potential to branch into other teaching work related to our role as an Olympic sponsor and other partnerships.
As an English teacher for EF Japan, you will be teaching English lessons to students before they depart for a study abroad adventure at one of our many Language Centers across the English-speaking world. Class sizes max out at 15-17 students with the age range from junior high to retirees. Key activities include preparing for and delivering lessons using EF-developed ESL courseware contents, monitoring student attendance, and providing guidance for improvement as necessary.
- Delivering lessons using PowerPoint to a wide range of Japanese English learners
- Introducing EF-developed apps as necessary to teach English
- Developing students’ confidence, critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and cultural skills
- Providing encouragement and guidance for improvement as necessary
Weekday evenings: Wednesday evenings to start
Ability to travel to teach in our Fukuoka Tenjin office
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year university or college program
- 3-5 years’ language teaching experience
- Familiarity with CEFR levels
- Valid Japanese work visa (Sponsorship not available)
EF Education First is the world’s largest private education company focusing on academic, language, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 52,000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 600 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 54 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education. In Japan, EF Education First has 1 language school and 7 offices across the country.
Back to top