Public Relations Manager
Go Ahead Tours is looking for a Public Relations Manager—a passionate, motivated self-starter who is driven to bring the Go Ahead story to life through earned media. With a proven track record of success securing coverage and measurable ROI, you’ll be a driving force building and executing the PR strategy for Go Ahead that positions us as a leader in the travel industry.
As part of our marketing team, you'll showcase your creativity and innovation as you work across teams to support Go Ahead’s business goals and build brand awareness. You’ll leverage PR strategically to develop the voice of the business and carry our message to our targeted customer base. Identify and create compelling PR campaigns and story angles that support key business objectives. We’re looking for a strong leader who can champion PR initiatives across all aspects of the business, while being detail-oriented and results driven.
- Craft compelling pitch ideas to address a full spectrum of business drivers from new tour innovation, experiential differentiators, seasonal opportunities, consumer trends, etc.
- Develop target media lists and execute your pitch ideas against those lists.
- Cultivate and retain key relationships with reputable press outlets and influencers in our space.
- Ensure proactive PR strategy supports key business objectives and is aligned with overarching brand messaging and seasonal marketing priorities.
- Provide regular updates to key stakeholders on progress of our PR efforts and KPIs, whether it’s trend jacking, influencer programs, story placement, or product launches.
- Pitch and respond to stories that will help create awareness for Go Ahead in the market and bring to life our differentiators
- Champion and manage opportunities including identifying and training spokespeople within the organization and utilize their voice and skills to develop our brand.
- Continue to build out our influencer program with an eye on ROI and communications plan to amplify the content generated.
- Research and submit our product to consumer-oriented as well as Trade/Industry awards to help drive awareness.
- 4+ years of PR experience, travel industry preferred, either in-house and/or at an agency.
- BA in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related discipline.
- A passion for media relations and a track record of building relationships with key reporters.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including experience writing pitches, press releases, blog posts, talking points, and briefing materials.
- Ability to set and execute strategy – from media list building to staffing executive interviews.
- Precise attention to detail, strategic thinking, and ability to complete projects independently.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, dive on in, and get work done.
- Experience with social media, event planning and management is a plus.
- Free language classes, taught in-house
- Travel and Language Programs: EF product discounts
- Restaurant and bar right in the building
- Tuition reimbursement
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year
- Charitable matching
- Competitive benefits package
About Go Ahead Tours
Established in 1990, Go Ahead Tours (www.goaheadtours.com) offers over 175 high-quality tours around the globe to adventurous adults of all ages who are looking to learn more about the world and themselves. Committed to breaking down barriers of culture and geography, Go Ahead provides travelers with superior quality, exceptional value and a highly customizable guided travel experience with the perfect balance of organized sightseeing and free time to explore a destination.
Go Ahead Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education.
To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit www.ef.com/careers
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top