Are you creative, energetic and looking forward to a new challenge AND are you the best teacher of Portugal? Then this might be the perfect position for you!
For the very FIRST Portuguese school EF ever has had, which is based in sunny Lisbon we are looking for engaging Teachers. You will be part of the biggest language school of the world, but in a completely new team and market. Hands-on, internationally oriented and ambitious should not be strange words to you! Teachers must show dynamism in the classroom and a commitment to professional development. The main duties will be to plan and deliver high-quality lessons following a blended learning curriculum.
- Teach an average of 24-28h hours per week, on a Monday-Friday schedule
- Teach all levels and course types as directed by the Director of Studies (DOS).
- Keep a detailed and comprehensive record of students’ attendance, grades and records of work.
- Attend academic team meetings and contributing to the development of the department
- Attend and contribute to all school staff meetings
- Hold regular tutorials with students and write student reports when required by the DOS
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the school’s academic resources
- Being available to participate in social- and marketing activities in and around the school
- Being available to help with the intake of new students upon arrival and preparation of graduation events
Requirements / Qualifications
- Native Portuguese
- A university degree
- Post-qualification teaching experience
- A thorough approach to planning and administrative duties
- A strong team player
- Competent to teach using technology
- Flexibility to work in a lively demanding school environment
- Administrative and organizational skills
Starting October 2018
We would also be happy to accept applications from candidates who have not completed their studies yet, so that they may be able to gain first practical experience with us through internships or the assistance in academic management.
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Back to top