- Are you passionate about working with international students?
- Are you committed to excellence and to ensuring that students studying abroad get the best support and services available?
If so then you might be the ideal Receptionist for the EF International Language Center in Boston.
About the School:
The school is located in Brighton, Massachusetts and has a student body of approximately 700-1200 students. You would have the amazing chance to get to know and work with an incredible population of international students. We have students from over 50 different countries and ranging in age from 16-65. The majority of our students are between the ages of 16-25.
About the Position:
The position of Receptionist is for someone who is a self-motivator, self-starter and someone who is able to come up with solutions to problems by themselves. The main responsibility of the position is to provide customer service at our front desk, both in-person and over the phone. It is a fast-paced job that is great for "people"-people.
A big part of the position is interacting with our international students to ensure they have a wonderful stay here in Boston. The candidate should be comfortable conversing with students of many different nationalities and ages. This position is for someone who is looking to get their foot in the door for a career in education, office management or international travel.
- Good organizing and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency in foreign languages and/or travel experience appreciated
- Friendly and extroverted - the position involves getting to know international students and establish a rapport with them
- Adaptable – successful candidates will be able to change the plan or schedule if need be
- Flexible – successful candidates need to be able to roll up their sleeves, jump in, and get the job done.
Applicants should have some customer service experience and should be outgoing, professional, creative, organized and enjoy working with people from different countries and cultures. To apply please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter via the online system.
Compensation: $10-12/hour, 25 hours per week.
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to break down barriers in language, culture, and geography and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. EF International Language Schools offers language courses for students 16 to adult at our schools around the world. Our flexible courses in top destinations allow students of all language levels to study abroad when it’s convenient for them at a course intensity that fits their goals. With EF you learn a language by living it! www.ef.com/master/ils
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you. For more information, visit www.ef.com/careers
Back to top