Part-time ESL Teacher, Washington DC
EF International Language Center located in Takoma, DC is seeking energetic, enthusiastic English as Second Language (ESL) instructors for part-time positions.
As the world leader in international education, EF is committed to academic excellence while ensuring students enjoy the experience of a lifetime. EF's beautiful DC school hosts a diverse population of students from around the world. To be considered, applicants must have a BA/BS degree, TEFL certificate and previous ESL experience. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a strong grasp of grammar, writing and communication skills. Candidates with overseas teaching experience and foreign language ability are preferred.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Academic Director, EF teachers are part of an extremely dedicated and professional team. Teachers work with each other and our administrative staff to ensure that all students have a positive program experience. Following EF's world renowned EFEKTA curriculum, teachers ensure students meet their language learning goals in fun and innovative ways. This is a part-time position. No re-location or visa assistance available. Local candidates preferred. Teaching rates are based on levels of experience and qualifications.
- Planning and delivering lessons to students ranging from beginner to advanced levels of English proficiency.
- Using electronic media and EF-developed courseware to teach English efficiently and effectively -- this includes regular use of computer-assisted learning technology.
- Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance and support.
- Completing all administrative duties (lesson plans, attendance registers, grading) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attending regular staff meetings and training/professional development sessions.
- Assisting with curriculum development and implementation.
- Promoting and supporting school-wide initiatives and events, especially collecting student feedback and directing students to the appropriate staff.
- Bachelor's Degree required (MA in TESOL, Linguistics or related field preferred)
- TEFL certificate (CELTA or equivalent preferred)
- 2-3 years teaching experience, preferably in EFL/ESL
- Experience utilizing communicative and task-based teaching methods
- Patience and flexibility for working with individuals in a culturally diverse environment
- A true passion for teaching and a strong desire to improve learning outcomes and student experiences
- Experience teaching overseas or learning a second language a strong plus
- Must be able to obtain a clear background check
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top