Part-time ESL Teacher (Business, Hospitality & Tourism)
EF Miami is currently looking for teachers with experience in hospitality, tourism and/or business to join our team. This position is part-time but qualified teachers will also be considered to continue with us year round based on student enrollment.
As an EF Teacher, you will be responsible for teaching English language courses focusing on business English, and/or the tourism and or hospitality industries to our international students. The curriculum is a blended learning program using communicative techniques combined with interactive technology.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Teach scheduled contact hours as requested by the academic office
- Provide high quality classes using our efekta blended learning program
- Complete the necessary administrative work required for classes in a timely manner.
- Prepare materials and resources relevant to your classes, including a comprehensive syllabus for special interest classes, handouts, quizzes, tests and assignments as needed for each course.
- Assist in the mentoring of new teachers including sharing resources and best practice idea sharing
- Help students with queries they may have and communicate this with the appropriate department
- Actively participate in teacher meetings and all staff development activities
- Be involved in the development and running of extra-curricular activities and school activities, as requested by the academic office or the School Director – this may include students and faculty orientations, testing (proctoring, (oral) testing, correcting), Academic Year graduation ceremonies.
- University degree or equivalent
- A background in business, hospitality or tourism (work experience or degree)
- Native or proficient level English
- Highly motivated, proactive and positive
- Organized and thorough and able to work well under pressure and within strict time constraints
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with good attention to detail
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service to large volumes of students on a daily basis
- TEFL certificate (CELTA or equivalent) OR 3 months’ teaching experience
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top