Part-time ESL Teacher (Business, Hospitality & Tourism)
EF Miami is currently looking for teachers with experience in hospitality, tourism and/or business to join our team. This position is part-time but qualified teachers will also be considered to continue with us year round based on student enrollment.
As an EF Teacher, you will be responsible for teaching English language courses focusing on business English, and/or the tourism and or hospitality industries to our international students. The curriculum is a blended learning program using communicative techniques combined with interactive technology.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Teach scheduled contact hours as requested by the academic office
- Provide high quality classes using our efekta blended learning program
- Complete the necessary administrative work required for classes in a timely manner.
- Prepare materials and resources relevant to your classes, including a comprehensive syllabus for special interest classes, handouts, quizzes, tests and assignments as needed for each course.
- Assist in the mentoring of new teachers including sharing resources and best practice idea sharing
- Help students with queries they may have and communicate this with the appropriate department
- Actively participate in teacher meetings and all staff development activities
- Be involved in the development and running of extra-curricular activities and school activities, as requested by the academic office or the School Director – this may include students and faculty orientations, testing (proctoring, (oral) testing, correcting), Academic Year graduation ceremonies.
- University degree or equivalent
- A background in business, hospitality or tourism (work experience or degree)
- Native or proficient level English
- Highly motivated, proactive and positive
- Organized and thorough and able to work well under pressure and within strict time constraints
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with good attention to detail
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service to large volumes of students on a daily basis
- TEFL certificate (CELTA or equivalent) OR 3 months’ teaching experience
EF Education First is an international education company focusing on language, academics, and cultural experience. With a mission to open the world through education, EF was founded in 1965.
We are 43,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
We are travelers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are open and collaborative, we are dedicated and passionate – we really work hard, and then we play hard. We believe in opening the world through education and we are proud of the role that we can play in that. EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top