Operations trainee EF Educational Tours
EF Educational Tours allows educators in North America to incorporate international travel into their lesson plans. Our escorted tours, known as the Global Classroom, bring student groups to experience first-hand the very best historic, cultural and natural sites in the world. You can learn more on www.eftours.com
EF Educational Tours is part of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. We are a multinational group employing over 46,500 staff and teachers with 500 schools and offices in over 53 countries. To date, millions of people have benefited from an EF program.
EF Educational Tours is currently looking for ambitious, driven and enthusiastic graduates to join a data driven Operations department focused on optimization and continuous improvement for 6 months starting in February/March 2018. For successful candidates, this traineeship can serve as a step towards a full-time position.
The Role – Operations trainee EF Educational Tours
As a Trainee you will support the operations staff in providing culturally immersive travel for the American and Canadian students who choose to discover the world with us through group travel.
Main areas of responsibility
· Optimize and coordinate group logistics with external vendors and EF Tour Directors
· Follow up on quality targets with our vendors
· Support cross departmental strategy projects
· Assist with vendor negotiations
· Investigate and resolve discrepancies between cost and budget
· Keep daily contact with European suppliers and with operational budget owners in Lucerne
· Strong organizational skills, able to multitask and great attention to detail
· Quick learner and a proven problem solver
· Skilled at data analysis and MS Excel
· Proactive and flexible
· Passionate about educational travel
· Able to analyze processes and come up with creative ways of improving them
· Nationality of one of the EU or EFTA countries
· Fluency in English and either French, Spanish, Italian or German
· Highly sociable and energetic, positive and with a sense of humor!
EF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you!
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter in English.
From office events to after work activities you’ll love the benefits that EF have to offer while working with us, including:
- Tickets and pass discounts to local destinations and tourist hot-spots such as mt. Titlis and Kunsthaus Zurich.
- Seasonal and monthly office events including holiday parties, ski trips and pay-day happy hours.
- Free membership for our newly built gym or get involved with our sports teams including run club and football team.
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, shops and hotel stays.
- Discounted German language lessons.
Whilst working in our newly built state-of-the-art office in the heart of Zurich, you’ll constantly be able to enjoy all of the above deals and many more that EF have to offer.
For more information about us visit our Instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/weareefswitzerland/
Back to top