Operations Manager - Properties UK/Ireland
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. With more than 40,500 staff and teachers working in 53 countries around the world, our mission is simple: opening the world through education. Since we were founded 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the
world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree.
We are looking for an hands-on and entrepreneurial manager for our Central office in London. You will have an overall responsibility for the residences and facilities in the United Kingdom and Ireland and work with all schools and summer schools. The role reports to Vice President of Operations.
Responsibilities include but is not limited to the below:
- Responsible for driving the central management of residences and facilities in the region.
- Central point and go to person for Residence & Facilities Managers/Coordinators in the schools. Responsible for planning, organizing, and follow-up on meetings. You will have a key role in assisting the schools in recruitment and training of their new residence & facilities staff.
- Residence: monitoring and pushing occupancy rates, organizing competitions; meetings, and training, provide and make sure we comply with minimum standards, set targets and commitments with teams, update the handbook, find summer residences, reports
- Facilities: negotiate central contracts and support schools in local negotiations, ensure cost optimization, best practice sharing, central trainings and support.
- Summer schools/residences – assist schools in finding summer schools/residences, responsible for set-up/dismantle and branding in the summer premises, provide training for summer RAs
- Health & Safety appointed Health & Safety representative for EF Language Schools in the UK and IRE, responsible for H&S yearly checks on site
- Building projects and refurbishments – central point of contact for school and residence refurbishment, assist schools in finding new buildings.
- 2 - 3 years of project management experience in a service-based industry.
- University degree desirable.
- Health & Safety (IOSH) qualification a plus
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Great hands-on mentality and implementation skills
- Creative and entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Well organized, calm under pressure and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to engage and influence teams.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment or living/working abroad a plus.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing.
About UsWe are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top