College Break is part of EF Cultural Tours, the world’s largest privately owned tour operator specialized in Education Travel. College Break serves young Americans aged 18-28 who want to explore the world. We provide safe, fun and organized tours around the world that leave our travelers transformed, empowered and inspired to continue traveling and exploring.
Starting date for the position is by November 1st 2017.
Are you passionate about travel? Are you an organizational mastermind with a knack for problem-solving? Are you self-motivated and possess great negotiation skills? You might be the ideal Operations Manager for College Break!
As an Area Manager you will be responsible for producing budget management, tour experience development, quality control and communications for land only services for tours in Greece, working with suppliers for all aspects of the travel experience as well as designing key processes for the increased efficiency of the operations team.
You will bring to the role a strong background in organization, negotiations and possibly business management in order to take on a key role within the team of managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers while evaluating our current budget and quality ratio for the best outcome.
You will participate in and possibly drive changes to our supplier portfolio, product services in terms of product development and effectively manage your budget.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing key supplier accounts across Greece
- Negotiating contracts with hotels, transport suppliers, restaurants, and tourist attractions
- Prospecting and identifying new business partners within your region
- Budget-setting and budget accountability at the end of the fiscal year
- Owning and managing the processes to increase efficiency of the team
- Product development
- Providing key back up for team members when they are out of office
- University degree in business, economics, finance, tourism or similar
- 1 – 2 years experience working with negotiations and relationship management in tourism or related area
- Quick learner and a proven problem solver. You think already several steps ahead!
- Excellent with numbers and Microsoft Excel and comfortable with systems and technology
- A strong team collaborator as well as capable of working independently
- You challenge the status-quo and always come up with creative ways of improvement
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) and other European languages with a preference for Greek / Italian
- Well-traveled and willing to travel
- Highly sociable and energetic, positive and with sense of humor!
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top