Operations Manager – EF Learning Centers, Inc (Miami, FL)
As the official language services provider for the Beijng, Sochi, Rio and upcoming Pyeongchang Olympic Games, EF has designed a platform that uses cutting edge technology to connect teachers with ESL students from all over the world. EF Learning Centers contracts with and supports 800 plus work-from-home instructors in the US who lead our online conversational English classes to adults and children. Through a supportive and engaging online presence, instructors make our virtual classroom come alive for students from over 120 countries.
Our Operations Manager is focused on maintaining and exceeding specified key performance indicators and quality standards for our center operations. He or she is also responsible for communicating daily with remote instructors to ensure the smooth operation of all platform-related functions, and making suggestions to streamline and improve center processes. In addition, the Operations Manager plays a key role in managing teacher invoicing and center data reports, both of which require very solid excel skills. Be ready to both roll up your sleeves for the day-to-day and think big to conceptualize solutions for the future!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Day to day management of teacher support inquiries, including providing direct responses to teachers and directing teacher trouble-shooting requests to other team members as appropriate.
- Ongoing review of service-related and financial data to spot problems/trends and identification of possible solutions/innovations within our operations.
- Compilation and reconciliation of monthly invoicing and financial reports derived from multiple data sources.
- Proactive email and phone outreach to teachers to communicate necessary service-related improvements, as well as communication of sensitive contract related issues to teachers, including non-renewals and terminations.
- Remaining familiar with all basic center operational policies so as to assist other team members with projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field, and fluency in English.
- Two plus years’ experience in a people and data centric operations role.
- Strong attention to detail, good written and verbal communication skills and great proficiency in Excel.
- Proven ability to show excellent discretionary judgement and engage in challenging conversations in a results-oriented, but diplomatic manner.
- Ability to change gears quickly and take on a “start-up” attitude to jump in and fix whatever challenge presents itself on our small, but growing team.
Preferred but not required:
- Past experience with remote workers and/or independent contractors
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top