OPERATIONS MANAGER, EF LANGUAGE TRAVEL
Education First is the world’s leading educational travel provider. Our Language Travel division offers students the opportunity to spend two to four weeks in the United States to improve their language skills and learn about American culture by participating in immersive summer language programs. We are currently seeking a highly motivated, independent and eager Operations Manager to manage and implement our East Coast homestay and residence programs. The role is based in our North American headquarters in Boston.
The Operations Manager will take ownership of all operational tasks, including, but not limited to, negotiating contracts with schools and vendors, researching and planning activities for our students, hiring and managing all summer seasonal staff, and managing and maintaining host family recruitment and residence operations. For more information about working with EF, please visit http://careers.ef.com/.
- Manage all aspects of the Language Travel program from host family recruitment to hiring seasonal staff to negotiating contracts to planning activity and academic calendars for the students’ duration.
- Create a cost-effective program through budgeting and contract negotiations and manage all fiscal aspects of the program.
- Create, manage, and calibrate action plans to ensure all objectives are met.
- Manage a full-time host family recruiter to ensure timely recruitment of host families for our homestay program and participate with recruitment efforts to guarantee beds for all host family students.
- Hire, train, support and evaluate summer seasonal staff.
- Conduct field research in destinations to find appropriate activities for the students and to establish local schools and course centers.
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll procedures.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction by providing leadership to align your local teams to our program standards and customer expectations.
- Assist your seasonal staff by addressing a wide range of issues on a day-to-day basis including communicating with EF sales offices about student concerns, administering student discipline, reporting budget expenses, and problem solving.
- Remain available 24/7 during peak program weeks to assist your summer seasonal staff and address emergencies as they arise.
- Travel to the destinations to plan the operations of the program and to ensure smooth operations while the program is running.
- Utilize and update EF electronic database, Elektra, to ensure smooth program operations.
- Plan, lead and participate in training events and meetings for host family recruiters and summer seasonal staff.
- Accountable to results directly related to your destination including student satisfaction, host family recruitment, program quality, and budgetary considerations.
- Exceptional communication and team management skills.
- Passionate about cultural exchange and learning.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Ability to travel throughout the year and keep a flexible work schedule.
- Analytical with an ability to spot trends and develop action plans around them to drive business forward.
- Possesses an unwavering dedication to customer service and community building.
- An independent problem solver with a positive attitude.
- Experience with international travel and/or living with a host family a plus.
- 5+ years in a project management role a plus.
- 5+ years in a management or team leadership role a plus.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Has a valid driver's license.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top