EF High School Exchange Year
EF High School Exchange Year (HSEY) is the leader in high school exchange and helps to connect thousands of international students with caring host families across the United States. Students and families are supported throughout the year by full-time staff located in Boston and Denver and by local International Exchange Coordinators (IECs) that live in the same communities as our host families and students.
HSEY is seeking to add a staff member to the Events team. This team is responsible for putting on world class events, student orientations, and incentive trips around the world. We love wowing our customers and creating memorable experiences for students, staff, and volunteers.
- You’ve never met a challenge you couldn’t face, or a problem you couldn’t solve. In fact, you love to figure things out as you go along.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, flexible, high intensity environments with big reward – a successful participant experience!
- Seeing the details come together brings you joy. You know that the smallest detail can make the biggest difference.
- You’re motivated by your relationships with others- helping others to achieve their personal and professional goals “fills your cup.”
- Once you’re finished with a project, you reflect on your successes, learn from your mistakes and are ready to move on to whatever comes next.
- You strive for the best in everything, but know that success does not always mean perfection.
- Excel makes your heart flutter- you love working with spreadsheets and the terms “concatenate” and “vlookup” don’t intimidate you.
The Events team is a central team within HSEY, and the Operations Manager focuses on a variety of projects. Specifically, the Operations Manager:
- Manages the day to day operations of the Welcome Days program- a rolling six-week orientation program that serves approximately 2,000 high school foreign exchange students (based in the NYC metro area).
- Hires and manages approximately 35 (predominately college-aged) staff members, and provides support to an additional 26 volunteers throughout the summer.
- Liaises with other EF products and external vendors throughout the year to ensure that all events run smoothly.
- Plans all aspects of the Welcome Days program including program offerings, flow, staff training, and other essential functions.
- Provides leadership and event support throughout the calendar year, including but not limited to leading staff through event assignments and creating rooming and bussing manifests.
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to break down barriers in language, culture, and geography and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF Exchange Year, part of the EF family, is a program dedicated to the promotion of international understanding through cultural exchange. Teenagers travel to another country, live as a family member in a host community and enroll in a nearby high school. Students return home with an in-depth understanding of another culture, lasting international friendships and memories to last a lifetime. For more information please visit www.efexchangeyear.org/.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top