EF High School Exchange Year
EF High School Exchange Year
EF High School Exchange Year is seeking an outgoing and motivated individual with a passion for cultural exchange, and working with teenagers. We are looking for a dedicated individual committed to motivating and mentoring students and help them make the most out of their exchange year. As part of our team you will play an integral role in enhancing our program quality to deliver the experience of a lifetime to our exchange students in Ireland. You will also be responsible for preparing, organizing, and executing our student events throughout the year. These events vary in size, scale, and location. This combined role is highly rewarding for the right individual as it offers opportunity to travel throughout Ireland and the UK and professional growth opportunities within EF.
- Providing support services to upwards of 150 students total for a 10-month period, staying in monthly contact with students of your region
- Maintaining 100% compliance in line with industry standards (including attending trainings for student welfare), monitoring student safety and wellbeing, and actively participating in strategy to develop and improve the student welfare to its highest potential.
- Report and manage support progress throughout the year.
- Take full ownership in the planning and delivery of the Ireland Discovery Days, Discovery Weekends, and Farewell Days
Assist the Events and Operations Manager in planning and delivering the Ireland Camp,
Welcome Days, and Discovery Tours
Achieve excellent customer service and proactively respond to clients’ queries
(students, host families, foreign offices)
Execute marketing activities to increase sales and interest in Ireland Discovery Trips
Assist the Events and Operations Manager in the hostbound and homebound logistics for Ireland
Assist in other daily operational tasks where required
You are driven, self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and “can-do” attitude. Your demonstrated ability to produce results and inspire others is at the core of all you do, as are your outstanding communication and problem-solving skills. You have the ability to multitask and prioritize competing projects and issues. You are proactive and able to work independently. You have a positive attitude and great team spirit. You possess:
- Great communication and problem solving skills to effectively communicate with students from various cultural backgrounds and geographical backgrounds
- Excellent attention to detail, superior judgment, and sincere interest in international education to ensure a positive program experience for all participants
- Positive attitude and a proactive approach to your work
- Embody EF’s mission to open the world through education
- Commitment to ensuring student safety and wellbeing at all times
- Ability to motivate, mentor and engage with teenagers from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to communicate diplomatically with diverse program participants
- Ability to make and implement difficult decisions and compromises in overall program’s best interest
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing projects and issues
- Strong writing skills in order to thoroughly document any student related program concerns
- Strong work-ethic, self-accountability, ability to work well both individually and in a team environment
-Experience of Irish culture
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top