Operations and Admissions Manager - University Pathway Programmes UK
Operations and Admissions Manager with focus to manage and support the UP teams in Oxford and Cambridge and to screen international applicants applying for EF University Preparation Courses in the UK.
Duties include providing maximum support on a daily base to UP Managers, checking candidates' documents and qualifications are suitable, establishing and developing partnerships with universities, liaising with EF recruitment offices around the world to follow up on applications and to support them in their sales efforts by advising on suitable university courses and institutions, providing information and statistics, online and offline trainings.
The role is based in Oxford, travelling to other schools and offices in and outside the UK will be required.
Qualifications and competencies:
- In depth knowledge of the UK university system, knowledge of international education systems an advantage.
- Educated to at least degree level
- Managerial skills to manage a team of UP managers and their assistants/teachers
- Understanding needs of customers to reach maximum academic outcome
- Strong business acumen maximising resources and growing volume
- Superb communication skills - written and spoken with local staff, sales offices and universities
- Be able to work autonomously and within a team.
- Ensuring that the University Pathways Programmes are delivered according to an approved syllabus which is cohesively applied in all schools
- Ensuring that the day to day delivery of the courses is in line with all accreditation guidelines in order to keep our sales promise and to guarantee successful inspections and moderation/exam boards.
- Being a hands-on support for UP teams in all matters, specifically focusing on all deadlines being kept by UP managers in schools for exams and applications timelines of students in particular
- Supporting the Director in all aspects of the further growth and quality assurance of the UP provision in the UK
- Maximizing student experience whilst monitoring of cost efficiency in schools
- Being in charge of collecting revenue from universities and monitoring commission and collection of funds by the end of the financial year and ensuring that they are allocated correctly at the end of the financial year
- Curriculum review and updates
- Administering the admission and booking process – fast and efficient to guarantee prompt answer for sales offices with maximum flexibility
- Sales office support includes advise on visa issues in conjunction with the Visa Compliance Officers in schools.
- Maintaining accurate placement statistics from all UP schools
- Growing and strengthening the university partnerships network in the UK
- Efficient communication with UP Managers via face to face contact, regular skype calls and meetings
- Providing training for all sales offices via online tools such as Breeze trainings and occasional visits (will involve travelling) and by providing information on all aspects of UP on globalnet together with the UP Director
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
The successful applicant will be based in our Oxford school.
Applications need to be submitted by 25th August 2017.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top