Online English Teacher-China
EF Englishtown is currently seeking English teachers to join our academic team in Shanghai.
About the Position
As an online English teacher at EF Englishtown, you will be teaching English through our platform that allows students from all over the world to come together to study and perfect their English skills. Our teachers play a key role at Englishtown, enabling our students to put what they have learnt online and in class into practice in the real world. In addition, our teachers will provide our students with useful and clear feedback after each class.
Teacher Support and Development
Our world-class teacher development program provides the opportunity to enroll in certification courses and training modules, thus enabling a strong grounding necessary for advancing your career in teaching and teaching management. Teachers are also encouraged to participate in company-organized networking and social events, Chinese classes and other community-based activities. Teachers will have a personal workspace and full access to internet connected computers in our brand new office in Shanghai.
- Planning and delivering lessons to students through our online learning platform
- Using electronic media and EF-developed courseware to teach English efficiently and effectively
- Evaluating student progress and providing on-going guidance for improvement
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A TEFL Certification (EF TEFL sponsorship available)
- The ability to obtain a clear background check
To be considered for this role, applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa to meet China’s visa regulations.
- 12,000 - 13,500 RMB monthly, based on qualifications
- 8,000 RMB annual flight allowance
- Sponsored legal Z work visa
- 10,000 RMB salary advance available
- Health insurance
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free hotel accommodation during the first two weeks of employment
- ESL certification programs including Cambridge TKT, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL and Cambridge IDLTM
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
About EF Englishtown
EF Englishtown is a division of EF Education First, the world’s leading privately owned education company. Founded in 1965, EF operates in over 50 countries around the world. We have vacancies for English teaching jobs across China so if you prefer the fast paced city life like Shanghai, or want to be immersed in the more traditional culture of a smaller city, we probably have the position for you. We have both Kids & Teens schools and Adult schools in over 60 Cities in China.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top