Online English Teacher for Kids
- London, United Kingdom
Your home, Your Classroom. Set your own schedule, work remotely and change lives.
As an online English teacher with EF you’ll be teaching English as a second language to children in China.
Who are we looking for?
This role would suit anyone looking for an inspiring part-time, work from home opportunity. At EF we believe anyone can teach and you absolutely don’t need to have teaching or ESL experience. Ultimately you should be enthusiastic about sharing knowledge, learning about new cultures and having a positive impact on the lives of children. It’s important you’re able to engage young learners and make the online classroom come alive.
You’ll teach 25 minute one-to-one online lessons to children aged 5-15. Lessons are available from 8:00am to 1:30pm (GMT).
You can choose when you teach but you should have consistent availability for twenty weeks. Parents prefer to book the same teacher for their child at the same time each week.
· Communicate your availability in advance via our online scheduling tool
· Teach 25 minute one-to-one online English lessons in the EF Classroom using prepared materials
· Provide a brief written feedback report for parents to review at the end of the lesson.
· Living and authorised to work in the UK
· Fully fluent (C2) level English speaker
· Complete bachelor’s degree in any subject
· Minimum 40-hour TEFL Certificate or willing to complete one by the start date
· Willing to submit to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Check.
· Stable internet connection, a laptop or desktop computer with headset.
Compensation and Benefits
· £9 per hour plus Bonuses and Holiday Pay.
New teachers can earn up to £12.09 per hour
· Paid Online induction and access to a mentor
· Easy-to-use custom-designed online platform
· Build meaningful relationships with your students as you teach them over several weeks
· Lessons plans and materials created for you
· Local UK support and payment
· Access to our Online Teachers community
Our online lessons for kids are part of our blended learning model. All students attend group classes at our English centres in China. They are given the option to take a weekly one-to-one online session. As an online teacher you’ll be a huge part of a student's overall learning journey. You’ll provide focused and individualized attention which allows children to reinforce their skills, gain confidence, and experience a global perspective.
We provide access to the online classroom, plan the lessons, and prepare the materials for you. Everything is uploaded into the online classroom in advance, based on what each student is currently studying and their parent’s preference. This means you won’t need to spend hours planning or preparing materials. Instead, you can focus your energy and expertise on responding to your student’s individual needs.
EF Education First is a world leader in international education. Our mission is simple: to open the world through education. Combining 55+ years of teaching experience, we have distilled everything we have learnt about what it takes to be a great educator into our online teaching platform. Be empowered to develop your teaching skills, grow your income and build your business.
Start your online teaching experience today.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Check out our website here.
Back to top