EF International Language Campus is currently seeking Summer Interns at our Tarrytown, New York campus for our very busy 2018 Summer Term.
We’re seeking dynamic individuals to fill various staffing needs in summer 2018!
Are you passionate about travel and languages? Do you believe that students studying abroad will have the experience of a lifetime? Are you dynamic, outgoing, and energetic? Are you looking for a unique and exciting opportunity this summer? You might be just the addition to our school we are looking for!
We will be appointing office interns to various departments, including Administration and Reception (see below for more detailed descriptions). Candidates must possess excellent organizational skills. Student interaction occurs frequently, so excellent customer service skills are a must. We are seeking office Interns and Assistants to work all shifts, including some evening and weekend hours. These positions may be seasonal or extend after the summer months.
We have several internships available for the Summer 2018 Term.
Student Experience Intern
* Follow up with survey responses from students to gather opinions about program
* Prints and distributes certificates for graduation ceremony
* Participate in special events (graduation, fairs, etc)
* Participate with First Week Lecture
* Must be available Thursday and Friday 9-5, and Tuesday OR Wednesday (flexible with hours)
Reception Desk Intern
* Be a support to the reception desk staff
* Field student questions regarding rooming, meals, classes, etc.
* Assist with sales of meals, laundry cards, etc
* Assist with exchanging entertainment equipment (sports, ping pong paddles, pool sticks, etc.)
* Assist with making airport transfer reservations
Academics Office Intern
* Field student questions regarding their schedules, attendance, teachers, SPIN classes, etc.
* Deal with student complaints by pacifying students
* May involve light proctoring (very rare)
* Administrative position that requires good record keeping, organization, and patience
Administration Office Intern
* Help prepare for weekly registration of new students
* Follow up after registration regarding no-show students, missing documents, etc.
* Assist students with insurance claims
* Provide information to students regarding their course, program fees, cancellation fees, insurance, etc.
Housing Office Intern
* Assist with room change requests, roommates, and all general housing department matters
* Facilitate late and early check-ins
* Lead campus tours for new students
* Provide administrative support to Residence Directors
* Accompany junior students on doctor visits
Activities Department Intern
* Help with sales of activities (includes collecting money)
* Assist with student sign-up sheets for activities
* Chaperone activities for welcome tours, on-campus and off-campus events
* Assist in creating monthly calendars
* Must have a LOT of flexibility in his/her schedule
- Native or proficient level English
- Exceptional customer service
- Great sense of humor
- Highly motivated, proactive, positive and patient
- Organized and thorough and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with good attention to detail
So, why work for EF?
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
Join EF, the world’s largest private education organization and work with students from 50+ countries! Our concept is education through discovery and communication.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top