Norwegian and English Teacher
Role summary: We seek a teacher of Norwegian, and English, language and literature for 2017-18. EF Academy teachers are exceptional educators who create a stimulating and enriching high school experience for our diverse international student population which represents students from over 75 countries. They embrace EF's vision for preparing students for a future without borders and possess a proven track record of highly effective teaching. They are flexible, creative, knowledgeable, global minded and strive to be unforgettable. Teachers support the personal, social and academic development of students and contribute to extra-curricular clubs, service learning and/or sports programs.
Teacher responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and teach classes following the IB, IGCSE and/or EF/NYS curricula for grades 9-12.
- Differentiate instruction and assessments for individual student needs and support the majority of students whose first language is not English.
- Provide timely feedback to students and utilize a data driven approach to teaching and learning.
- Use a wide range of technologies and creative teaching styles.
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessments, attendance, planning, syllabus and reports.
- Create course outlines and key vocabulary lists for IGCSE and/or IB courses and share on G drive.
- Work cooperatively with subject area teachers planninglessons, sharing resources, and cross grading.
- Develop assessment tasks using a wide range of formative assessment tools.
- Plan and carry out experiential learning experiences for students which link to classroom learning.
- Supervise students’ IBDP extended essays.
- Attend curriculum planning meetings, faculty meetings and department meetings.
- Keep parents informed about student progress by writing academic progress reports.
- Keep abreast of developments in the curriculum by reading current literature and syllabus updates and participating in professional development opportunities offered by the school.
- Maintain regular office hours and after school help for students.
- Select and requisition materials and textbooks for each class in a timely manner.
- Participate in student induction week activities and student placement testing.
- Compile bibliography of suggested reading for students for the academic year and summer.
- Chaperoneoff campus events throughout the academic year and attend school wide
- Contribute to enhancing boarding school life for our students by supervising a club or coaching a sport.
- Serve on committees that review school policies and procedures.
- Promote positive school relationships, with regular communication to the guidance counselor.
- Be enthusiastic and resourceful in creating meaningful learning experiences for high school students.
- Be a positive and collaborative member of the school community in all interactions with colleagues and students.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top