MS SQL Server Database Administrator
EF Education First is a global leader in international education, with a 50-year mission of opening the world through language learning, educational travel, cultural exchange, and academic study. We help people of all ages and nationalities become better citizens of the world. Though we’re located in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries, we work together as one team to transform people’s lives through memorable educational experiences.
The Financial Systems team is a centralized function at EF’s European headquarter in Zurich, Switzerland. The team is responsible for systems used by EF’s finance teams globally. We design, implement, maintain systems but we also train and support the users on how to use the systems. We are now looking for a MS SQL Server Database Administrator to join our team. As our Database Administrator you will work with the backbone of our financial systems and financial BI but will also be involved in managing the server infrastructure for finance. The daily job ranges from performance tuning databases to managing strategic questions relating to overall IT but with a focus on database administration. At EF we attach great importance to personality and are looking for someone with a positive outlook who excels in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Configure, monitor and maintain database servers
- Design backup processes to the databases
- Implementing performance tuning on the databases
- Support the development of strategy, structure and integrations for cooperation with architects in other EF departments.
- Planning, designing and creating SSAS cubes for Business Intelligence
- Build business intelligence reports in SSRS and PowerBI
- As part of a central team you will be travelling to EF offices around the world
Qualifications and experience:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or similar
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Solid experience and knowledge in MS SQL Server and Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS)
- Able to communicate your DBA perspective on any area with ease
- Preferably hands-on experience from: Installing server software and updates, monitor and maintain health and security, designing backup processes for servers
- Attention to detail and a high level of comfort with a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving ability with the desire to take ownership of issues and follow through until resolution
We would like to see your application (resume and cover letter in English) as soon as possible as we are continuously screening candidates.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top