As a Mobile Director at EF Labs you will work as part of a team to deliver the next generation of English teaching and learning solutions on tablet and mobile devices - this is a chance to build software that really matters and changes people's lives.
As a blended iOS and Android team, this is an excellent opportunity to lead and cross-train a multi-platform team. As you are already experienced with both iOS and Android then this is a rare opportunity to work on both platforms simultaneously. The mobile team today has 18 Engineers and is set to grow going forward.
- Provide technical leadership through directing, supporting and providing best practice guidelines for the core EF Labs Mobile team.
- Ensure consistency in use of frameworks and guidelines across multiple projects/teams
- Help evaluate, interview and mentor mobile software engineers
- Consolidate and coordinate back-end development & architecture for mobile projects, taking requirements from multiple product teams into consideration.
- Develop and deploy iOS based applications using Objective-C/Cocoa and C++; and/or Android based applications using Java and the Android SDK.
- Work collaboratively or in isolation as the situation demands.
- Design, develop and test complete applications and also discrete components of larger apps.
- Interface with remote and distributed data sources and APIs
- Troubleshoot, optimise and performance tune.
- Work closely with the Product, UX, QA, Academic staff and the rest of the mobile team, to continually improve the development process and the product quality.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Master degree is desirable, but will waive this requirement entirely if you have significant and applicable real world experience.
- At least 4 years experience writing apps for mobile platforms, at least 10 years experience in the software industry
- A demonstrable track record of published and successful applications, preferably with millions of users
- Solid understanding of Cocoa/UIKit frameworks and the iOS SDK and/or the Android SDK.
- Proficiency in the Xcode tool chain and/or experience with building Android projects from the command line with Ant or via Eclipse.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies.
- Solid experience of object-oriented design and modern programming techniques.
- Demonstrable algorithm/data structure and problem solving skills.
- A passion for technology and innovation.
- Experience with multiple mobile platforms (iOS, Google Android, Windows Mobile 7+, WebOS, Symbian, Bada or WinCE).
- Applications released on the iTunes App Store or Android Marketplace/Google Play.
- Experience with real-time graphics and advanced rendering techniques (i.e. Open GL ES).
- Experience with building advanced User Interfaces.
- Knowledge of server side web application development.
- A robust sense of humour is always nice (and probably essential).
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top