We’re looking for a freelance native Chinese speaking copywriter who can work with us in long term.The copywriter will work on content project which covers topics relating to all EF Education’s products abroad including short term language travel, learn English (and other languages) abroad, long term study abroad programs, university preparation courses, high school abroad, exchange programs and so on. The writing could vary from “how to start a gap year” to “comparing the cost of studying in the UK”, with lots of possibilities and ideas that you will be the one who brainstorm and bring it to live. Product training will be provided whenever necessary.
- Excellent in Chinese writing (either traditional or simplified is fine)
- A major in journalist, translation, Chinese literature is preferred
- Good at using the internet and other resources to do research and gather data
- Creative and imaginative, able to dig into different angles and topics based on the products
- Experience of article writing is a must, and samples must be presented
- Experience of copywriting is preferred but not mandatory
- A genuine interest in travelling, learning a second language or exploring different cultures
- Able to communicate in English, a second foreign language is preferred
- An eye for details
- Collaborative in nature
Role and Responsibilities:
- Article production upon request, topics vary
- Develop ideas around major topics such as “study in the US” and able to communicate about it
- Do research over different channels to gather necessary materials
- Edit based on review and comments
- Study company’s product and understand the unique selling points that can be presented in some of the articles or associate it with creative ideas
- Identify styles of different publishing platforms and know the differences (no requirement to write differently though)
- Digital focus
An estimate of this content project is 1 to 2 articles per week. Working hours can be flexible but a deadline for each will be consented.
Payment will be made after receiving each draft before finalizing.
Please include your writing samples at Resume/CV upload field.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 500 offices and schools across 54 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
We are travelers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are open and collaborative, we are dedicated and passionate – we really work hard, then play hard. We believe that education can break down barriers of language, culture and geography and we are proud of the role that we can play in that.
You are driven to succeed and will always go the extra mile for your customers, friends, family. You are detail oriented and focused on getting great results, but you don’t forget to have a good time whilst getting there. You are outgoing and positive. You believe that by being hands-on and passionate, nothing is impossible.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you. Please send us your CV and cover letter in English.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top