Merchandiser (Children’s Products)
Do you have a portfolio of successful merchandise projects specifically targeted at kids and teens? Apply for this new and exciting position based in the cosmopolitan city of Hong Kong at our award-winning headquarters in Times Square, Causeway Bay.
As a Merchandiser for EF kids & teens segment, you will be responsible for the development and procurement of premium merchandise that supports both marketing campaigns and school operations. You will concentrate efforts on building up a supply base that meets the needs of the product range for which you will need to be in daily direct contact with Global Supply Chain & Merchandise Director & Creative Director. You will ensure product design can be realistically executed which exceed international quality standards, as well as most competitive price, in both timely and ethical manner. You will be capable of managing a pipeline over 60 products at any one time and with your flexibility appreciate the changing priorities. There is an opportunity should you be interested in getting more involved in range planning; and also a chance to work with product marketing which includes customer-facing materials and visual merchandise solutions.
You will report to the Global Supply Chain & Merchandising Director.
- Relevant degrees and training in the fields of industrial engineering & design, quality assurance or merchandising.
- At least 2 years of experience in merchandising or procurement, having experience in children’s product is a big plus
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Chinese Mandarin
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent communication and ‘people’ skills and the ability to build strong relationship with both suppliers and virtual teams all over the world - business travel within China and other countries is required
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm - pushy and eager but able to also tread carefully and be diplomatic
- Ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- Be a champion of innovation with sound market and industry knowledge
You will be joining our Global Merchandising Team who are responsible for designing, engineering and manufacturing ground-breaking merchandise for all of our worldwide Kids & Teens outlets. The team is young and dynamic covering 6 different nationalities with many years of experience both at EF but also in the industry. We are passionate about what we do.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top