Matching Specialist- Denver office
Cultural Care Au Pair
Please include a Cover Letter with your application.
About Cultural Care:
At Cultural Care Au Pair, we believe that cultural exchange has the power to make the world a more welcoming, understanding, and open place. We build global families by bringing together international visitors with American host families—providing meaningful childcare for families, an unforgettable year in America for au pairs, and a culturally enriching experience for both parties.
We are proud to be the largest and most experienced au pair organization in the world, having successfully placed more than 120,000 au pairs into welcoming American homes since 1989. Our program is strictly regulated, and our dedicated staff all over the world work together to ensure each participant has the experience of a lifetime.
Here at Cultural Care, we are a team of problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and innovators who are constantly thinking about how we can improve our program experience, respond to micro- and macro-level challenges, and stay relevant to our global audiences.
About the role:
The Matching Specialist role is super dynamic, working with host families during that special window of time between when they register for our program and when they select their au pair. You will listen to their (sometimes short, sometimes long) list of criteria, and guide them through this very important decision, which will directly affect their lives over the next year or more. You will talk to parents every day about their families, their schedules, their personalities, and their hopes for an amazing cultural exchange experience. If you can connect with people quickly, as well as follow up with a sense of urgency and desire to help, you will be great at this job. We guarantee lots of interesting stories!
This is a truly unique and diverse role in which your aptitude for active listening, problem-solving, keeping details straight and hitting weekly goals are all equally important. Your consultative approach and “soft” sales expertise will come in handy. You will be responsible for hitting goals within a defined region. Time management is essential as you keep track of your families and their needs. Sound overwhelming? It can be. If you’re the type that thrives on a challenge, we’re looking for you.
Some things about you:
- You are competitive and love hitting goals.
- You are adept at organizing multiple competing priorities
- While others are bogged down in the reactive, you find ways to be proactive.
- You truly love talking to people and are excited by the idea of helping them ease the chaos in their lives.
- Challenge and high-pressure situations excite you – you’d much rather be crazy busy than bored.
- You are resourceful. “I have no idea” is not in your vocabulary.
- Your communication and customer service skills are in a dead heat for first place – you are not one to shy away from a difficult conversation.
- While we will provide the training, you come with the emotional maturity and life experience to coach families on issues of childcare.
Some nitty gritty:
This job requires some Saturday work (4-6 times/year) and our team does have a peak season where, to hit your targets, you will find that extra hours may be necessary. After 1 year, you will be invited to travel to an international Cultural Care office. Sometimes we celebrate hitting goals and honoring overseas visitors with evening dinners and events. We also have opportunities to dress up like superheroes and 90’s Rockstars, and attend Disco-themed parties. If you have a problem with this, you should think twice before applying. Our “over-the-top” culture permeates everything we do.
A few of our benefits:
- Monthly base salary and bonus potential
- Market-leading health insurance options with Harvard Pilgrim
- 3 weeks paid vacation (1st year), followed by 4 weeks (2nd year)
- 25% company match for your 401(k) plan with Fidelity
- Complimentary in-house language classes
- Sunny open-concept office space
- Company match of your charitable contributions (up to $500 per year)
Cultural Care Au Pair is associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top