Manager, Financial Reporting, Planning & Analysis
Manager, Financial Reporting, Planning & Analysis
EF Educational Tours Canada
EF Educational Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF Educational Tours offers international learning opportunities designed to provide students with firsthand exposure to the world’s cultural, historic and natural sites as they study them. For more information, visit www.eftours.com.
The primary function of this role is to be the key member of the finance team, working to support the CFO in making sound business decisions, establishing best practices and taking a leadership role within the finance team but also within the company.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and managing the financial processes, analyses and reports to ensure that complete and accurate financial information is provided to leadership to be used in business decision processes and for performance management & Board reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual reports, special purpose reports, as well as ad hoc requests).
- Lead the development of annual budgets and forecasts through engagement of internal business stakeholders – manage and review operating and capital budgets.
- Increase depth and accuracy of P&L forecasting through development of robust sub processes.
- Ensure that costs, revenues, and other financial data are properly reflected and that various transactions (e.g. accruals) have been prepared as appropriate. Collaborate with Finance & Accounting team to ensure alignment of management and statutory reporting
- Drive and support the design, development and implementation of analytic solutions that meet business objectives and derive results driven conclusions through data analysis.
- Leverage and analyze vast array of data in order to achieve traveler and financial targets
- Generate insights, develop recommendations and present to senior management
- Translate business objectives into strategic solutions as a Finance, Analytics and Business subject matter expert
- Build performance tracking dashboards, reports and models that monitor KPI’s, support management decisions, are intuitive for senior audiences, simple to maintain, and drive real business outcomes
- Perform benchmark studies and follow market trends in order to ensure our competitive position is maintained
- Build high quality financial models that are reusable with scenario and sensitivity planning
- Build financial plans and forecasts that are driver based
- Examples of areas of focus: revenue projections, operating budgets, cost benefit models, customer acquisition and retention, forecasting, marketing ROI, promotion strategies, incentives
- Ensure (and/or assist the CFO to ensure) the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of work are appropriate for all business-related matters. Provide recommendations to the CFO/team on business-related matters within, and external to, the business, as necessary
- Degree in Business Administration or Finance, Certified Professional Accountant (CPA/CA) or MBA designation an asset
- 5+ year's work experience – including 2-5 years of accounting and/or finance experience, and 3-5 years financial reporting, planning, analysis (financial reporting (internal and external), financial budgets and forecasting)
- Expertise in creating file structures and sustainable processes, and in making improvements to standardize and simplify the reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Proven ability and drive for using analysis and modeling to generate business results
- Elevated proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with manipulating large datasets
- Demonstrates ability to work with structured and unstructured data sets to build financial models
- Demonstrates ability to build a good fact base, apply sound reasoning, and generate relevant recommendations that get implemented and lead to business success
- Familiarity with SQL Server-Expertise in data analysis and statistics, proficiency in SQL an asset.
- Familiarity with Qlikview and VBA would be strong assets,
- Self-motivated, problem solver
- Intellectually curious and creative
- Passion for working in an exciting fast paced changing environment - is able to handle multiple priorities and meet multiple deadlines while ensuring high levels of accuracy
- Demonstrates solid communication skills (both written and verbal) and relationship management skills at a senior management level
- Is able to work highly independently and work successfully with a team that has diverse skills, knowledge, and educational backgrounds
Below are just a few reasons why people love working here:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Fantastic training and professional development
- Fun offsite outings
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits, as well as a company matching RSP plan
- Travel and Language Programs: EF product discounts
EF Educational Tours Canada is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. EF Educational Tours Canada will accommodate disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. Should candidates experience accessibility issues with any pages on the career site, please [email protected] assistance. Please note that application submissions and other inquiries are not accepted through this email
Back to top