Live-in Residence Advisor
Reporting directly to the Residence Coordinator and Accommodation Manager, the selected person will be responsible to promote the welfare, supervision, well-being and satisfaction of International Students aged 16+ living in the EF residence during their stay studying with EF in the UK; to work with managers and the team in performing this role; and to present themselves as a model of quality and professionalism within the EF Brighton school team.
Areas of responsibility to include (but not be limited to):
- Weekly residence reception hours
- Assist with checking in & out arrivals and departures to the EF residence
- Checking rooms are prepared for new arrivals with an eye for quality and attention to detail
- Carrying out room checks on a weekly basis and following up on action points
- Help with residence student inquiries & take telephone messages
- Administration tasks relating to residence work such as preparing arrival information, keys etc
- Clerical duties in office such as basic database entry and filing
- Be available and on-call to deal with any emergencies whilst on duty, including attending/supervising hospital visits outside working hours
- Assist with advance planning and putting together of weekly & monthly residence activities, as well as their organization and supervision at least once a week
- Follow up on student evaluations assigned by Residence Coordinator as requested
- Work alongside other RAs and Residence Coordinator to initiate, plan and implement projects for improving residence life and experience for students
- Create, put together and send out monthly residence newsletter and recruit students to submit content.
- Provide holiday cover for other RAs and/or Residence Coordinator as needed
- Excellent communication & people skills, warm and friendly professional attitude
- Creative & highly motivated with lots of common sense as key
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm & positive under pressure
- Flexible attitude to work hours and creative problem solver – the job is fun and rewarding, but intense
- A self-starter who is able and willing to take initiative and ownership of the roles, working with minimal supervision
- Be sensitive to the needs of International Students (some of them may be away from home for the first time)
- This is an on-call live-in position as 24/7 supervision is needed with evening and weekend duties on a shift pattern (6 days per month)
- Salary is 200GBP per month, accommodation is provided at no cost in a student residence
- Room sharing with other staff at certain times of year may be necessary
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference check. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top