Live-in Residence Advisor
Ready to take on real responsibilities, challenging workloads and be part of the team?
Reporting directly to the Residence Coordinator and Accommodation Manager, the selected person will be the responsible to promote the welfare, supervision, well-being and satisfaction of International Students aged 16-25 living in the EF residence during their stay studying with EF Barcelona.
The residence Advisor will work with us for approximately 6 months.
- Weekends residence student reception
- Room inspections
- Responsible of check in & out arrivals and departures the EF residence. Welcoming new students and making them feel right at home
- Assess the physical condition of rooms and the entire building before and after occupancy. An eye for quality and attention to detail is indispensable.
- Carrying out room checks on a weekly basis and following up on action points
- Administration tasks relating to residence work such as preparing arrival information, keys, rules
- Be available and on call to deal with any emergencies whilst on duty, including attending/supervising hospital visits outside working hours.
- Assist with advance planning and putting together of weekly & monthly residence activities.
- Report and follow up any incidences/issues to the Residence Coordinator/Accommodation Manager.
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English
- Third language is a strong plus.
- Excellent communication & people skills, warm and friendly professional attitude
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm & positive under pressure
- Flexible attitude to work hours and creative problem solver- the job is fun and rewarding but intense
- A self-starter who is able and willing to take initiative and ownership of the roles, working with minimal supervision
- This is an on call- live-in position as 24/7 supervision is needed with evening and weekend duties on a shift pattern
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top