Temporary – Late June – August 2021
Please only apply if looking for a live-in position
EF Bristol is looking for amazing people to work as live-in Residence Assistants in our summer student residences.
As a Residence Assistant you work 6 hours a week as part of your off-set accommodation. Additional hours will be available on an hourly paid basis and could equate to a full-time role. Working hours include weekend and evening work.
Your main job is to make sure that the residence feels like a ‘home away from home’ for international students.
Below you can find a list of some of the duties you can expect.
The duties as a Residence Assistant can include
- Checking that rooms are ready, clean and available for arriving students
- Preparing registration documents for new students
- Meeting & greeting new students on arrival
- Assisting with checking in & taking students to rooms
- Informing arriving students about rules and fines (community standards)
- Regularly checking rooms to ensure facilities are in good condition & being well maintained & cleaned
- Curfew checks (overnight on call at the residence)
- Ensuring that reported maintenance issues are dealt with efficiently by residence staff
- Assisting students with problems and quarantine arrangements
- Ensuring that residence rules are being adhered to and reporting all issues to the school team
- Liaising with Staff responsible about any issues or problems
- Ensuring that when on call, emergency phone must be answered at all times
- Liaising with the Residence Staff, organising and partaking in weekly activities
- Run activities at the residence
- Reminding departing students of leaving date & procedures
Residence Assistant PACKAGE:
- Single room in our student residence with shared self-catering facilities.
- Free access to WIFI
- All bills included
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting fee welfare of children and adults and expects all staff
and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.