Live in Residence Advisor
Are you passionate about customer satisfaction?
Do you have great attention to detail and organization skills?
We are looking for a solution-oriented person to ensure the well-being and satisfaction of International Students aged 16+ living in the EF residence during their stay studying with EF in the Singapore.
- Excellent communication & people skills, warm and friendly professional attitude
- Creative & highly motivated with lots of common sense as key
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease and remaining calm
- Flexible attitude to work hours and creative problem solver
- A self-starter who is able and willing to take initiative and ownership, working with minimal supervision
- Be sensitive to the needs of International Students
- This is an on-call live-in position as 24/7 supervision is needed with evening and weekend duties
Areas of responsibility will include but won't be limited to:
- Weekend (and occasional weekday) residence reception hours
- Checking in & out arrivals and departures to the EF residence
- Checking rooms are prepared for new arrivals with an eye for quality and attention to detail
- Carrying out room checks on a weekly basis and following up on action points
- Help with residence student enquiries
- Administration tasks relating to residence work such as preparing arrival information, keys etc
- Clerical duties in office such as basic database entry and filing
- Be available and on-call to deal with any emergencies whilst on duty, including attending/supervising hospital visits outside working hours
- Assist with advance planning and putting together of weekly & monthly residence activities, as well as their organization and supervision at least once a week
- Follow up on student evaluations assigned by Student Services Manager as requested
- Work alongside Student Service Manager to initiate, plan and implement projects for improving residence life and experience for students
- Create, put together and send out monthly residence newsletter and recruit students to submit content
Ideal start date: 30th of May 2016
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top