Linguistic and Cultural Digital Instructional Designer
For its pedagogical strategy, EF Education First is recruiting a Linguistic and Cultural Digital Instructional Designer.
EF believes that cultural learning is an integral part of linguistic acquisition and as a result we are creating a new designer role to help develop this area of learning. Since EF embraces technology both in and outside the classroom we also want to innovate further by creating digital products for our teachers and learners thus enhancing the teacher/student relationship. Through digital innovation we will also be able to measure and improve the efficacy of our pedagogical products and methods.
As our new Linguistic and Cultural Digital Instructional Designer, you will have to:
- Create a cultural curriculum and experiences tied to our linguistic curriculum
- Manage the instructional design of your innovations
- Project manage the creation of the digital tools to support the learning experience, include defining objectives, setting a course, keeping deadlines and implementing in our schools
- Lead a technical team
- Research in our schools the effects of your product on learning and on student satisfaction
- Correct and improve your digital pedagogical products
The ideal candidate has:
- Minimum Master’s Degree in either Linguistics, Languages, Cultural Studies (PhD preferred)
- 2-5 years’ experience in linguistic instruction
- 3-5 years’ experience in curriculum development
- 3-5 years’ experience of designing digital components for language learning
- Understanding of the importance
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret statistical data
- Research experience in relevant areas of education is preferred
- Native English level
- C2 French and Spanish
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top