User Experience Designer
User Experience Designer
For 50 years EF has been working toward one global mission: Opening the World Through Education. Today, The Studio at EF Tours in Boston is looking for a User Experience Designer.
EF is a large company with a small company feel. We foster a highly collaborative working environment, which encourages ideas from every member of the team. With the support of senior management, our team members enjoy ample opportunities for creative experimentation and professional growth. As a UX designer, you’ll work closely with copywriters, visual designers, developers and business stakeholders to re-imagine the technology that makes educational travel possible.
What this role is
- User Centered. Understanding the needs of teachers, parents, students and others that are using our products is critical to success.
- Collaborative. We work within cross-functional teams to solve complex design problems.
- Iterative. You will be doing lots of sketching, wireframing, site mapping, user flowing and user research in order to make your ideas a reality
- Agile. We start with the MVP and iterate.
What this role is NOT
- Visual design. We have a whole team of people that has that covered.
- Handing off your designs and never touching them again. We follow through from initial concepts through first release onward.
- A solo effort. Whether you’re an introvert or extrovert, you need to enjoy solving problems as part of a team.
Who you are
You are a practical dreamer, a UX nerd, and you love to ask why. You crave the challenge of reconciling complex user needs with even more complex business needs. You own your ideas and run with them. When you’re stuck—you believe there’s a creative way around almost any obstacle. And at the end of the day, you haven’t lost your sense of humor. You trust your gut. You love what you do and want to collaborate with a diverse team. You crave the opportunity and growth of a large company but the flexibility and camaraderie of a small, private one.
- 5+ years professional experience as UX Designer
- Knowledge of user-centered methodologies
- Ability to design simple, usable experiences that scale across a complex suite of products
- Willingness to travel internationally (1-2 weeks per year)
- Understand opportunities and constraints of multiple platforms (web, smartphone, tablet)
Ideal skills & expertise
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Design or related field, preferred
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
- Comfortable presenting designs both formally and informally
- Strong visual problem solver
- Experience with various design research methods
Who we are
EF Educational Tours, a division of EF Education First, helps high school teachers and their students discover the world through culturally immersive educational travel. Through experiential learning, our educational tours help students gain new perspectives, develop important 21st century skills and become true global citizens. And, as an accredited institution, students and teachers can earn high school and professional development credit.
About EF Education First
We’re 40,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we break down barriers of language, culture and geography and we do it all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, increases to four weeks your second year
- All expenses paid international travel
- Free in-house language classes
- On-site restaurant and bar
- Travel discounts
- Inspiring and fun offsite outings
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match and more
EF Educational Tours offers international learning opportunities designed to provide students with firsthand exposure to the world’s cultural, historic and natural sites as they study them. For more information, visit www.eftours.com.
EF Educational Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Since 1965, EF has been working toward one global mission: Opening the World Through Education. To date, EF has helped millions of people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit http://www.ef.com/careers.
EF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top