Technology, creativity and innovation come together at Education First’s London Technology Hub.
EF is investing big in new software innovation products for the next generation of Education experiences. We want to reinvent Learning and drive new and engaging ways for Students, Parent and Teachers to get the best out of our platform. We’re looking for like minded individuals who love to grow and solve new and interesting problems.
We’re not overly obsessive about tech stacks that you may have used - but see any experience with Cloud, modern Web and Mobile as a plus.
- Manage, develop and grow a small to medium sized team of software engineers
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of engineering work by your team
- Work with engineering leadership to drive engineering quality and standards
- Work with leadership on feature planning and roadmaps
- Work with the creative team to define and iterate on new and existing features
- Work with other specialists to implement features on time, to quality, and to specification
- Ability to write production code - leading from the front - whilst mentoring others
#Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Several years software engineering experience including experience leading engineers and engineering efforts
- BSc, BEng in Computer Science, other technical subject, or equivalent qualification or technical experience a plus
#Experience / Demonstrable Skills
- Experience undertaking performance evaluations and appraisals
- Experience mentoring engineers and developing their careers
- Experience of working and influencing product direction in a cross-discipline team
- Understanding of user interface and user experience (UI & UX) concerns
- You should have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- An ability to work quickly, efficiently, and to a tight deadline
- An outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- A real passion for working in a team and building great products that delight end users
- A drive for excellence and improvement
- A love of software and coding!
Back to top