Kids and Teens Assessment Item Writer
Become part of a team responsible for the creation of innovative new courses for learners of all ages from around the world and enjoy the opportunity to participate in all stages of the development and production process from shaping the concept to creating final materials, whether they’re books, notes, videos, online lessons or apps.
Be responsible for writing texts, items and assessment content as part of the assessment team, creating tests and assessment for new courses and products mainly for students from 3 ‒ 18 years old.
- Developing and writing digital and paper-based assessment content for both core and intensive courses and independent modules to meet project specifications and deadlines. This may include summative and formative assessment, and diagnostic, achievement, placement and proficiency testing.
- Collaborating with others to ensure full alignment of content, principles and assessment.
- Ensuring that all assessment is both valid and reliable and either contributes to or accurately reflects our students’ learning progress.
- Acting on feedback from development and copy editors to improve and enhance produced content.
- Proactively participating in the entire development process when required.
- Continuously studying and researching current TESOL and assessment and testing best practice, as well as regional language-learning needs.
- Proven assessment writing experience.
- Four years ESL/EFL teaching experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education, Modern Languages, Linguistics, or Teaching English.
- TEFL Qualification (CELTA equivalent or above).
- CEFR C2 level of English (mastery).
- Exceptional standard of written English.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Responsive to feedback and critical input.
Benefits & fun stuff:
- Competitive salary
- Accident insurance
- 25 days paid holiday
- Reimbursement for Swiss travel half pass
- Discounted German lessons
- Discounts at local shops and restaurants
- Bookable free passes for mountains, museums, boats etc.
- Beautiful lakeside listed building as office
- Great office atmosphere with events, talks, happy hours and excursions
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to open the world through education, and so far, we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF Kids and Teens specifically provides young children and teenagers with a faster way to learn English through our advanced learning systems combining face-to-face and online learning. We not only teach students how to communicate in English, but we also give them the confidence and skills they need for a successful life. EF EdTech for Kids and Teens is responsible for developing and implementing new educational products in our network of 325 Kids and Teens schools located across China, Russia and Indonesia.
EF is an equal opportunities employer and offers a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top