Junior Instructional Designer
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
We have an exciting opportunity for a junior instructional designer to join our growing team and contribute to the development of new e-learning, instructor-led and blended training courses. Reporting to the Digital Development manager, you will need to be a dynamic individual that can demonstrate the ability to develop strong business relationships. Working closely with the team and faculty specialists, you will:
• Design, Develop and Manage e-Learning content suitable for deployment in industry standard LMSs
• Create effective, engaging and high-quality interactive learning content, instructor-led training guides and supporting materials
• Create e-Learning content using recognised instructional design techniques, incorporating modern creative designs and functionality to make our content best in class
• Source and create bespoke interactive media assets including graphics, video, audio and product emulation
• Work closely with subject matter experts to define course objectives and to outline and storyboard courses, produce scripts and e-Learning content to a defined project process
• Develop and deliver new online learning to meet internal business requirements
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities to ensure efficient delivery of high-quality materials
The right candidate will have the following skills and background:
• Ability to understand and develop processes and workflows
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills in both client interactions and team interactions and a
willingness to interact with clients
• Proven experience in development of e-Learning packages would be an advantage
• Knowledge & application of executive learning and blended learning principles would be an advantage
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, e-Learning software and design packages including
Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Cloud design
software, including Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong time management and prioritisation skills
• Desirable: Formal training in instructional design and/or adult learning
• Desirable: Experience developing e-Learning content for business
• Desirable: Experience of developing e-Learning content for both software and engineering industries