The Studio @EF Tours
Cambridge, MA, USA
Who we are
We’re not your typical in-house creative team. We’re The Studio, a bona fide agency made up of about 40 super-fun and ridiculously-talented writers, designers, video editors and shooters, integrated producers, and UX designers, researchers, and analysts.
But our skills go way beyond our job descriptions. Among our crew are competitive fencers, professional shoe testers, artisan bag-makers, and even a former wrangler of a fainting goat named Brian. One thing we all have in common though is our dedication to making great work for our Educational Tours products and having fun doing it. Best of all, we can make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in house.
Want to know more? Read up on our creative philosophy: http://careers.ef.com/categories/creative/
We’re looking for a kickass copywriter who has:
- The heart and soul of a creative, who thrives on coming up with killer ideas and inspiring copy.
- The brain of a strategic thinker and creative problem-solver. You take pride in your ability to tap into your skills on the “words” front to help your team innovate and untangle complex business problems.
- A truly collaborative nature and an eagerness to learn. You’re as comfortable concepting with an art director as you are punching up wireframes with a UX designer or navigating business rules with a front-end developer.
- The spirit of a hustler. You’re willing to work quickly, iterate, and negotiate the perfect balance between a strong brand voice and clear, concise copy written with a user-centric mindset.
- The confidence to discuss and accept feedback on your work with an audience of peers and business stakeholders.
- Impeccable grammar and spelling, a strong attention to detail, and a propensity for nerding out over a well-crafted style guide.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects for multiple teams with overlapping deadlines.
- A willingness to “own” your work and your areas of specialty, self-manage your time efficiently, and follow projects through independently.
- At least 1 year of multi-channel copywriting experience (agency experience is a huge plus).
- An amazing online portfolio of your work. (This one’s non-negotiable.)
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working in an Agile environment.
- Know your way around Sketch, InVision, and JIRA.
EF Education First was founded over 50 years ago on the idea that the best way to learn is to go out into the world and experience it. So everything we create for EF Tours is designed to enable educators to broaden their students’ perspectives through travel.
That manifests in the widest range of projects you’ll ever find at one job. And since we have no external agencies, we get to do it all—from 200-page catalogs to billboards, web toolkits to videos shot in exotic locations, digital campaigns to backpacks (literally down to the copy on the tags).
Why you’ll want to work here
Working in The Studio, you’ll be surrounded by incredibly talented, occasionally goofy, amazingly dedicated people who are as committed as you are to EF’s global mission: Opening the World Through Education. That’s a pretty rewarding way to spend your days.
Plus, we offer killer perks (and this is the abbreviated list):
- Free in-house language and fitness classes.
- EF product discounts.
- All expenses paid international travel.
- Up to $1,500 a year for professional development/continued education.
- 25% company match on your 401(k).
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, four weeks thereafter.
- Charitable matching.
- Incredibly generous health/dental/vision package.
- And of course, the opportunity to work with an incredibly talented and super fun team.
A tiny bit about EF Education First
The company is still owned by the same family that founded it more than 50 years ago. Since then, EF has grown to 46,500 teachers and staff in more than 500 schools and offices in over 50 countries.
Sounds enormous, doesn’t it? The interesting thing is that we don’t operate like a conglomerate. We get the best of a small company’s values, atmosphere, and energy with the resources of a big one. And in The Studio, we get the autonomy to innovate coupled with the backing and support of a company that’s able to bring those innovations to life.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top