Internships in Dublin
EF International Language Centres has a long running record for offering successful internship placements to the right applicants and usually has at least four interns working in different departments of our schools. Interns are expected to take on real responsibilities, challenging workloads and are considered part of the team.
Office hours are 08.30 – 17.30 / 10.00 – 19.00, 5 days per week including weekends. This is an unsalaried position - details of the package are below. An EF internship is a great experience in an international environment - certainly a very useful addition to any CV.
Future career opportunities are often available and many previous interns have moved on to full-time positions within the company.
This position is open to applicants who need to complete an internship as a requirement of their degree.
- Exact duties to be allocated on arrival and subject to change but to be administrative & student contact-based in office/reception areas
- Free access to WiFi in school
- Preferred length of internship is three to six months
- Complimentary arrival transfer from Dublin airport
- Good English language skills
- Outgoing & confident personality with friendly manner and good sense of humour
- Good communicator who enjoys meeting people
- Flexible, energetic & flourishes in busy & varied work environment
- Organised & creative, attention to presentation & detail
- Excellent customer service
- Multicultural experience/awareness
A) Customer Support/Welfare Department
- Delivering excellent customer service & friendly welcome at reception, answering general student queries
- General administrative & reception duties
- Processing new enrolments & changes to students’ courses
- Assisting with registration of new students on arrival
- Supporting Welfare Officer in following up on student welfare issues
- Other general daily support to Customer Support Manager
B) Social Activities Department
- Positively contribute to the school’s ‘fun’ department
- Help to organise, promote and supervise weekday, evening and weekend social activities
- Monitoring school social media platforms and generating positive social media content
- Answering student enquiries and providing information about events & activities outside school
- Other general daily support to activities officers
C) Homestay Accommodation Department
- Delivering excellent customer service while answering student homestay enquiries
- Liaising with homestay hosts on the telephone
- Fully participating in homestay recruitment campaigns and activities
- Visiting new/existing hosts to check suitability
- Allocating new students to suitable homestay accommodation
- Other general daily support to Homestay Accommodation Manager
D) Residence Accommodation Department
- Delivering excellent customer service while answering student residence enquiries
- Liaising with EF Sales Offices regarding residence availability for new bookings
- Assisting with residence room allocations & administration
- Supporting Residence Staff in liaising with residence and cleaning suppliers to ensure best service
- Other general daily support to Residence Manager
E) Academic Department
- Delivering excellent customer service while answering students’ academic enquiries
- Assisting with class assignments for arriving students
- Assisting with organisation/supervision of departure tests & distribution of departure reports & certificates
- Weekly attendance and welfare checks for students missing classes
- Distributing class books to teaching staff
- Preparing & distributing weekly teacher documents such as class registers and timetables
- Other general daily support to academic managers.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 54 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks and Garda Vetting will be conducted prior to confirmation of appointment.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top