Internships in Dublin
EF International Language Campuses has a long running record for offering successful internship placements to the right applicants and usually has at least four interns working among the different departments of our schools.
An EF internship is a great experience in an international environment - certainly a very useful addition to any CV. Future career opportunities are often available and many previous interns have moved on to full-time positions within the company.
- Outgoing & confident personality with friendly manner and good sense of humour
- Good communicator who enjoys meeting people
- Flexible, energetic & flourishes in busy & varied work environment
- Organised & creative, attention to presentation & detail
- Excellent customer service
- Multicultural experience/awareness
- Your internship must be a required part of your university course
- You must be eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland without EF sponsorship
- Good English language skills – level B2 minimum
- All posts are subject to a Garda Vetting check (or local police check if you do not live in Ireland) and character referencing.
A) Customer Support/Welfare Department
- Delivering excellent customer service & friendly welcome at reception, answering general student queries
- General administrative & reception duties
- Processing new enrolments & changes to students’ courses
- Assisting with registration of new students on arrival
- Supporting Welfare Officer in following up on student welfare issues
- Other general daily support to Customer Support Manager
B) Social Activities Department
- Positively contribute to the school’s ‘fun’ department
- Help to organise, promote and supervise weekday, evening and weekend social activities
- Monitoring school social media platforms and generating positive social media content
- Answering student enquiries and providing information about events & activities outside school
- Other general daily support to activities officers
- Delivering excellent customer service while answering student homestay enquiries
- Liaising with homestay hosts on the telephone
- Fully participating in homestay recruitment campaigns and activities
- Visiting new/existing hosts to check suitability
- Allocating new students to suitable homestay accommodation
- Other general daily support to Homestay Accommodation Manager
- Delivering excellent customer service while answering student residence enquiries
- Liaising with EF Sales Offices regarding residence availability for new bookings
- Assisting with residence room allocations & administration
- Supporting Residence Staff in liaising with residence and cleaning suppliers to ensure best service
- General tasks related to maintenance of the building, such as weekly checks, liaising with maintenance and cleaning suppliers, etc.
- Other general daily support to Residence Manager & Facilities Manager
- Delivering excellent customer service while answering students’ academic enquiries
- Assisting with class assignments for arriving students
- Assisting with organisation/supervision of departure tests & distribution of departure reports & certificates
- Weekly attendance and welfare checks for students missing classes
- Distributing class books to teaching staff
- Preparing & distributing weekly teacher documents such as class registers and timetables
- Other general daily support to academic managers.
- This is an unsalaried position
- Exact duties to be allocated on arrival and subject to change but to be administrative & student contact-based in office/reception areas
- Free access to WiFi in school
- Preferred length of internship is three to six months
- Complimentary arrival transfer from Dublin airport
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For over 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language campuses in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks and Garda Vetting will be conducted prior to confirmation of appointment.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top