International Payroll Team Leader - Location Malta
International Payroll Team Leader – (Location Malta)
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to break down barriers in language, culture, and geography and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
We have fifteen subsidiaries and non-profit organizations, schools and offices in over 50 countries and employ over 52,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
EF is currently recruiting an International Payroll Team Leader working with the UK & Ireland to join our team in Malta. The International Payroll Team Leader will be primarily responsible for managing the processing of monthly and weekly payroll in collaboration with operations management teams. The position is an exciting opportunity to apply previous payroll experience while collaborating with a multinational team working with several countries in Europe in an environment that fosters learning, career development, and process and control improvement. EF prides itself on enabling all of its employees to make their mark on the business using their entrepreneurial ideas.
- Prepare and process weekly and monthly payroll in conjunction with Payroll Administrators
- Manage staff queries and company affairs with HMRC
- Produce P60, P45, P11D’s, PSA and other HMRC records
- Quarterly and year-end closing procedures including audit
- Prepare and check PAYE and NI Inland Revenue submissions
- Complete monthly/weekly salary, tax, and social security reconciliations
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out effectively and efficiently in accordance with local legislation and company standards
- Mentor a young international team
- Identify and implement process improvements, organize current procedures, and implement any other changes beneficial to the team and the company.
- Managing queries with operations teams and Payroll provider
- 5+ years’ payroll experience with comprehensive knowledge of UK Payroll and current statutory legislation
- Bachelor’s level degree
- Thorough understanding of Pension auto–enrolment, Apprenticeship levy and Gender Pay Gap
- Accurate, well-organized, customer service oriented
- Ability to identify and set priorities in an ever changing workload
- Advanced Excel knowledge and experience in using MS Office Products
- Fluent English verbal & written communication skills
Back to top